The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SCF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Avalanche win 2022 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Final  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/19/2022 at 12:00 AM

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is funny.

#13 Nichushkin was at the door to the bench as Kadri crossed the blue line. What a stretch by Cooper. Tampa fans celebrating the game 3 win like they won the cup, making thunder in their pants :rolleyes:

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

We are no where near....and not even watching other teams. Anyone who's old enough to have watched 2011 close enough, could see the pace, fire and cohesiveness as a unit we played with.

Our team is nothing close to even that team. That's how I always guage it. I remember how that team was never out of a game, they were always able to come back on teams, they were able to 'step on the throat' of teams when up because they competed so hard.... I see so much inconsistency with this group and that's both an effort and a roster composition issue.

We ain't good enough and maybe the culture ain't either. We're nowhere near those late 2000's/early 2010's teams.

41 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

weird...maybe he thought Kadri made contact with Vaselevsky? He did but it was well after the puck was lodged in the net....can't really see what else he's on about, perhaps too many men?

I have no idea. Maybe hear more tomorrow on NHL Network. Edit. Too many men. Please, coach Coop, that's weak.   

Edited by rekker

2 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

If this goes to OT, I’m busting out the Scotch. What’s everyone else drinking?

My drinking happened last night, nursing myself back to health today haha 

How was your scotch?

31 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Watching actual championship caliber teams should be an eye opener for those who think we're anywhere close to contention. Wouldn't shock me to see a repeat of this final next season, neither team should fall off over the next two years.

It's all about matchups.  I actually thought that Colorado had a lot of trouble with St Louis until they took out Binnington on a dirty play.  We've played Colorado very tough over the last few years.  

Either way, Colorado is head and shoulders the best team in the league this year.  That doesn't mean that the other 31 teams should just pack it in and stop trying.  

Next year Avs lose Kadri and have the last year of MacKinnon's sweetheart deal.  We will see how much that equalizes the field, but we need one more year of maturing before we think about becoming contenders.  

3 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

So if it was 'Too many men' as according to Cooper, Why throw a pity party and not call a coaches challenge when you had the chance?!

Cause you can’t challenge that 

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

It's all about matchups.  I actually thought that Colorado had a lot of trouble with St Louis until they took out Binnington on a dirty play.  We've played Colorado very tough over the last few years.  

Either way, Colorado is head and shoulders the best team in the league this year.  That doesn't mean that the other 31 teams should just pack it in and stop trying.  

Next year Avs lose Kadri and have the last year of MacKinnon's sweetheart deal.  We will see how much that equalizes the field, but we need one more year of maturing before we think about becoming contenders.  

Yes and no, matchups matter but the reality is St. Louis was, and is, a much better team than a lot of people give them credit for. They had what.. nine 20 goal scorers? The fact they had to meet up with the Avs in the second round at all is a bit sad. They would have trounced any of the Pacific teams that got in. 

Oh for sure, every team is always trying to get better. Colorado will too, Kadri or no Kadri. 

And I disagree, I reckon we're at least four years out. Most teams have to beat their heads against the playoff wall before even getting a sniff at a conference final, let alone a cup final. To think we're just going to waltz our way back into the playoffs and contend sooner than later is incredibly optimistic at best, and likely unrealistic. This team is a good ways off imo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1