The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Josh Ho-Sang to KHL

6 hours ago, grandmaster said:

JV at 6OA for that production is a bust in my opinion 

You must be really young because there are a ton of first round picks that never made the NHL. Look no further than the year 1999 with the Sedins.

JV being among the biggest busts? Lmfaooooo...

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

You must be really young because there are a ton of first round picks that never made the NHL. Look no further than the year 1999 with the Sedins.

JV being among the biggest busts? Lmfaooooo...

1) not young

2) re modern drafting, on the Canuck side, yes, he is a big bust for 6OA

On 7/9/2022 at 12:40 PM, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Situation has to be bad to choose to go play in Russia right now.

He has thus far signed almost 5 million dollars worth of NHL contracts in his North American Career, and has realized only a fraction of those earnings in the 'system' with the Isles, who in my humble opinion treated him like a red headed step child. They basically thwarted his career by keeping his rights but also keeping him DOWN on two way money deals.

I am not going to accuse the NYI of being a racist organization, but I have my suspicions at this point. 

Anywho...for Josh Ho-Sang, a really great athlete and good hockey player, if Russia is where he can put a million more bucks in his bank account for a year, doubling his pro hockey lifetime earnings, then I don't blame him after the way he was treated by his draft club. Heck, even 300 thousand would be an upgrade over anything he earned so far in a single season.  Hope it goes well for him. Rack up the points and come back to N.A. to a different organization, perhaps, is the game plan.