The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Biggest RFA (or buyout) turned UFA that Canucks should target (Forward & Defense)

Rate this topic

BureBurrito

36 minutes ago, Odd. said:

We need to sign Brendan Lemieux, physical, feisty young player who’s a genuine pest and plays a solid grinding game. Kind of reminds me of Jannik Hansen. 

Id also look to perhaps sign Strome if it makes sense under the cap. I wouldn’t mind trading Pearson to free up some cap space.

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser

Kuzmenko-Horvat-Podkolzin

Hoglander-Strome-Garland

Lemieux-Lammikko-Lockwood

I like Daniel Sproung he was drafted by Oissrbirg when Allvin was there under the radar guy. Good speed decent size right hand winger on your third line type. Not a liability totally defensively.

Still only 25 youngish and the exactly the type Canucks could come cheap on a 1 year prove it deal.

39 minutes ago, Odd. said:

We need to sign Brendan Lemieux, physical, feisty young player who’s a genuine pest and plays a solid grinding game. Kind of reminds me of Jannik Hansen. 

Id also look to perhaps sign Strome if it makes sense under the cap. I wouldn’t mind trading Pearson to free up some cap space.

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser

Kuzmenko-Horvat-Podkolzin

Hoglander-Strome-Garland

Lemieux-Lammikko-Lockwood

I would love that but the Canucks don't have the cap space or clout to get into a bidding war over the bigger higher profile names like Strome and Lemieux.

They only have about 6 mil in cap once Ferland hits LTIR.

They need another 3C and a bottom six forward.

Also they could use another right shot d if possible.

They need to target guys who will accept 2 million or less at forward so they have enough to sign another d man.

52 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Not unqualified RFAs but I wonder about guys like Justin Schultz, Josh Manson, & Colin Miller - what they'd cost & if any would be a fit. 

Justin Schultz and Daniel Sprong have the Pittsburgh connection with Allvin and Rutherford.

Evan Rodrigues, Zach Aston Reese as well.

Lazar and Hienen BC connection.

Noel Acciari cheap righr hand 4th line center Dale Tallon connection and obviously the big ticket Mason Marchment.

Lots of options not much cap space without a trade. I wouldn't mind Schultz but don't think they can fit him in.

They have the cap space for 2 bottom six forwards realistically.