The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN/ WPG [PROPOSAL]

Canucks currently have 10 players who IMO will want top 6 minutes, leaving the likes of Garland, Hoglander, Podkolzin on the outside looking in with the new additions of Kuzmenko and Mikheyev. With nothing being a guaranteed thing, the Canucks can look into potentially moving a player like Hoglander or Garland imo out for some depth on their D.

The WPG have 9 forwards currently signed, with the potential of PLD possibly parting ways in the near future. However they do have some Dmen we could be interested in.

Canucks trade Myers, Garland, Rathbone

for

WPG: Neal Pionk, Logan Stanley,  prospect Elias Salomonsson

This gives them a prospect in Rathbone who could give them a potential offensive addition on their Left side with a top 6 winger in Garland, aswell as Myers.

Canucks add Poink who can replace Myers on the RD or potentially pair w/ Hughes.

We add Stanley to our bottom pairing giving some us added size and hits.

We as a team save 4 Million dollars this year while gaining a swedish prospect in Salomonsson and improve our Defence going into next year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Canucks currently have 10 players who IMO will want top 6 minutes, leaving the likes of Garland, Hoglander, Podkolzin on the outside looking in with the new additions of Kuzmenko and Mikheyev. With nothing being a guaranteed thing, the Canucks can look into potentially moving a player like Hoglander or Garland imo out for some depth on their D.

The WPG have 9 forwards currently signed, with the potential of PLD possibly parting ways in the near future. However they do have some Dmen we could be interested in.

Canucks trade Myers, Garland, Rathbone

for

WPG: Neal Pionk, Logan Stanley,  prospect Elias Salomonsson

This gives them a prospect in Rathbone who could give them a potential offensive addition on their Left side with a top 6 winger in Garland, aswell as Myers.

Canucks add Poink who can replace Myers on the RD or potentially pair w/ Hughes.

We add Stanley to our bottom pairing giving some us added size and hits.

We as a team save 4 Million dollars this year while gaining a swedish prospect in Salomonsson and improve our Defence going into next year

Why would the Jets want Myers back, when they let him walk in free agency? 

Edited by Fen1010
  • Cheers 1

I tried a proposal as well with Myers to jets, I don't thinks he going back. If I'm Vancouver as much i would like Pionk, i don't think the jets will give him up. If Im Vancouver though

I would try this 

To Jets OEL & Woo

To Van Dillon

Pionk would be perfect but I think he's too valuable - basically their top RD so we'd have to give up a top line forward to get him.

I'd like to say Garland + 2nd would get it done but they'd probably want Rathbone which is a bit too rich for me because he could end up being the best player of the whole deal. Winnipeg have a similar problem to us - too many LDs, not enough RDs.

I wonder if Garland + Dermott (and advertise that he's a cheap, versatile LD or RD) + 3rd or 4th would be enough for Pionk?