The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

1 minute ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Probably will be if the trade Schenn. He didn’t look out of place when we called him up last time either.

Woo is a different player this year too.

We may not have any sexy defensive prospects but if we develop these guys correctly we can get some good depth going at the very least. With injuries on the parent club you always need some good 6/7/8 dmen to plug into your team and keep things steady. 

Woo is right back in the Van conversation in my books.  He doesn't make many mistakes out there.......whether that translates to the next level remains to be seen

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

That's pretty good, and he's only 25, from Surrey. 

Hopefully he can take it to the next level. That would be awesome. 

I think he has shown well in his call ups. I don’t think it out of the question at all. He had such a major injury to recover from early on in his career. If he does finally turn into a full time NHLer it will be a great story of perseverance and love for the game.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

To me, Karlsson looks a lot like Kessler........obviously not as fast and not as good.  But his skating style and the style he plays are very Keslerish to me

Actually yeah he does a bit. I am so curious to see him play at center. He doesn’t get much time there at all. Even over in Europe either…so maybe he’s no good at face offs? But yes, love his chippyness, definitely gets under the other teams skin lol

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Woo is right back in the Van conversation in my books.  He doesn't make many mistakes out there.......whether that translates to the next level remains to be seen

Agree, he definitely isn’t ready just yet, but you are right, he is back in the conversation again. I still think we have another 2 years with him. He’s one of those young guys that got his development derailed due to Covid.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I sure hope Woo and Juulsen get an opportunity with the big club.