The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal]Vancouver and Vegas

In light of the news this morning that Vegas will be without Lehner for the season, I thought I might as well get a thread started.... it's what we do here!

Considering the market isn't exactly swimming in viable goalies, how about....

To Vegas

DiPietro (and a few bags of bricks)

To Vancouver

2023 3rd round pick (either Vegas or Buffalo, whichever is better)

Just now, qwijibo said:

I imagine they’ll be looking for a NHL goalie. Not an AHL backup 

And, considering the plethora of those available.....who are you suggesting???

I have a feeling that they are going to be a lot of rotating guys this year, they don't have anyone signed who has played more than a handful of games in a season, no one who has ever been a #1 or even a 1B.

Look on Capfriendly under free agents, there is nothing out there, look at the problems Toronto and Edmonton have had the last few years finding someone solid.

• Like 1

How does getting Depietro solve the issue of not having a guy with more than a handful of nhl starts?

Just off the top of my head.  Look at Montreal. If Price is cleared to play they have Allen and Montembeault. Both of which are far better options than DePietro. 

Allen would be a great target considering his experience and contract status (UFA after this season). 

My point is there would be other options available to them that would provide them with NHL goaltending.  

Edited by qwijibo
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

How does getting Depietro solve the issue of not having a guy with more than a handful of nhl starts?

Just off the top of my head.  Look at Montreal. If Price is cleared to play they have Allen and Montembeault. Both of which are far better options than DePietro. 

Allen would be a great target considering his experience and contract status (UFA after this season). 

My point is there would be other options available to them that would provide them with NHL goaltending.  

It doesn't, but it would give them more depth, which is something they are really lacking right now.

Montreal might be willing to move Allen, but even if Price is cleared to play, it means that they are willing to put their whole team in the hands of a guy who's been an awesome goalie, but is 34 years old and has played exactly 30 NHL games across the last 2 seasons with only 5 last year where his goals against was 3.63 and his save percentage was .878. Those aren't overly inspiring numbers, no matter how good he's been in his career. 

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

It doesn't, but it would give them more depth, which is something they are really lacking right now.

Montreal might be willing to move Allen, but even if Price is cleared to play, it means that they are willing to put their whole team in the hands of a guy who's been an awesome goalie, but is 34 years old and has played exactly 30 NHL games across the last 2 seasons with only 5 last year where his goals against was 3.63 and his save percentage was .878. Those aren't overly inspiring numbers, no matter how good he's been in his career. 

There’s also Valarmov off the islanders. The point is there are NHL goalies that can be had that address their needs. Depietro doesn’t 

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

And, considering the plethora of those available.....who are you suggesting???

I have a feeling that they are going to be a lot of rotating guys this year, they don't have anyone signed who has played more than a handful of games in a season, no one who has ever been a #1 or even a 1B.

Look on Capfriendly under free agents, there is nothing out there, look at the problems Toronto and Edmonton have had the last few years finding someone solid.

Dipietro is right now better than any Habs’ goalie.  Allen is a friggin’ craperolla sieveroo.

Your idea is an excellent one.  I think we could get a Second though.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

A Habs’ goalie.  LMFAAO.  :lol: