The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, higgyfan said:

So you think Bo should get less salary than what he is already getting?  Not going to happen.

Can you offer something that suggest that Bo thinks he's a top player in the league?

He’ll use his agents comments, agent wants more money. Shocking, I know. 

• Haha 1

Just now, higgyfan said:

So you think Bo should get less salary than what he is already getting?  Not going to happen.

Can you offer something that suggest that Bo thinks he's a top player in the league?

Yes he should. He should be a little more than NUGE thanks to the goal scoring.

Umm his agent saying he's a top line player, Being waaaay off in negotiations when we reportedly are around the nuge number lol? 

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I feel like the one important part that we are all overlooking is this:  We outplayed, and outchanced the Preds by a significant margin.  

So yes, it's frustrating but Canucks were the better team and deserve more then the 1 point they got. 

Yes.  Demko keeps getting outplayed.  Thats why we are losing.

Hes playing worse than halak did last year and no one imagined it could get worse than that shltshow

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’ll use his agents comments, agent wants more money. Shocking, I know. 

Explain how when everything's going wrong, You pay the same guys more money to remain even less competitive then the current bottom 5 build? You're being a bit of a armchair Benning here :P

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Yes he should. He should be a little more than NUGE thanks to the goal scoring.

Umm his agent saying he's a top line player, Being waaaay off in negotiations when we reportedly are around the nuge number lol? 

Well, the numbers seem to lean to Bo's agent's take don't you think?

• Cheers 2

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Explain how when everything's going wrong, You pay the same guys more money to remain even less competitive then the current bottom 5 build? You're being a bit of a armchair Benning here :P

No, I have said move Miller, Myers, one of Boeser/Garland. 

Moving Bo would be a massive fail and a mistake. 

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Moving Miller does alot to fix our gaping hole on defence. Bo is not the player I would move. 

Move both. We lack depth. We have the worst prospect pool, The worst defense,  We have zero extra picks, We have a roster full of capdumps we paid handsomely for.

What gets fixed by retaining everyone and having even less money to fix 90% of the roster?

18 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Thanks for posting.

Scott Oake is a bit of a goof... He just can't let it be with Bo's contract. Leave the boy alone. 

I know. All these media guys have to stop talking about contracts.  Its all we here about.   I miss the days when you rarely heard about what a player was making.  Now you have families and players wives, moms and dads involved deciding how much they should earn.  This isnt what sport is about.  You never heard about contract talk from greats like yzerman, sakic, lemeuix, kariya, the list goes on.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Move both. We lack depth. We have the worst prospect pool, The worst defense,  We have zero extra picks, We have a roster full of capdumps we paid handsomely for.

What gets fixed by retaining everyone and having even less money to fix 90% of the roster?

Move both and keep garbage like boeser?   Our ahl team would beat us then.

You’re undervaluation is showing. 

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s still easily moveable. We get a top 4 dman a prospect and a 1st MINIMUM if we move JT. He has more value at a fixed term with Cap going up than with one year left. 

I agree that fixed term helps teams decide to buy or not

But

Much like in a housing market with high interest rates of what was once an overinflated market, I think it turns to a buyers favour with having had a flat cap and teams star contracts needing resigned

Just like Homeowners who remember the buying frenzy of multiple bidding with no conditions, and not taking less now (but not selling because of a different market now either) maybe GM's struggle with remembering what players would once get them? (before most teams maxed out)

Horvat has been scoring a ton of PP goals in the bumper spot, his goal scoring rate can't continue for a full year if it did he would more than double his career high in goals. Horvat isn't much of a playmaking C, but he is strong at faceoffs and Canucks struggle in that area and I can see JT going back to C to help in that department

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well, the numbers seem to lean to Bo's agent's take don't you think?

Sure he could earn top dollar. Should we be the one paying it? Nobody seems to want to answer how it helps us improve the team which is telling these responses all come from emotions towards Bo 

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Moving Miller does alot to fix our gaping hole on defence. Bo is not the player I would move. 

He’s already implied he’s leaving in his after hours comments last night..

“im just trying to help THIS team”

Trading him now is the scenario management was hoping to see,  I appreciate their patience in the matter of Horvat.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

He dosent want to play here anymore , and it shows.

It seems that way, his comments about the fans is True but he seems to not give a shit about them as he is focused on his play and the teams which makes sense you just don't usually hear a player say stuff like that about the teams fans

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He dosent want to play here anymore , and it shows.

67,73,55,54,73 percent in the face off dot during last 5 games, 30+ goals last year, could probably put up 40 goals this year...8 points in last 5 games.  Perhaps you need to adjust what you consider player motivation.

Bo is the least of the problems here.  Id probably include him in any core going forward, but they have put themselves in a corner with a couple dumb decisions to pay lesser players ahead of him.

Edited by Darius
  • Cheers 2