The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Strawbone said:

Why not both? Trade Bo, shake up the team and get a new captain. It’s just total speculation but I have a hunch we’d be a better team if we traded both Bo (too passive) and Miller (too sulky), two of the main leaders on this team, for some young roster players and prospects. Change the vibe in the room and start coming together as a team. I could be way off base and I’m sure I’ll hear all about it lol. 

No trade Miller for Severson++ extend Bo keep him captain, move one of Boeser/Garland, and then Myers 

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

So, the Captain has no say in how much effort the team puts forth on a nightly basis or whether anyone should stick up for the smaller inexperienced players then? I actually remember seeing when a Captain does lead his team by example, and they followed. I have also seen where a Captain never hits, never sticks up for his fellow players and doesn't give 110% every night too. 

One of the rare times that a single player, goes on his own? Kessler going "Beast Mode" in 2011. 

Who did that before him? Linden in game 7 of the SCF in 94.

No, I think the Captain IS A TEAMS ISSUE.

Bo carried the team in the playoffs, captain is not this teams issue. Next. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And this year the fight numbers reflect that they’re not letting these slide. And the hits you described were clean hits. No need to fight after those, fights after clean hits are pathetic. 

Petey getting lifted up and then body slammed to the ice was a "Clean hit"? Yeah OK.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

This has been Bo's team for a long time. Do know if Schenn and Bo are on the same page? Maybe you can explain why the team does not play a full 60 minutes or doesn't stick up for their players then? 

It might have something to do with the second highest penalty minutes as it stands now and not wanting to be on the pk forever.    217 pm in 16 games 

TEAMGPPMMAJMIN

Anaheim

15 229 7 72 

Vancouver

16 217 13 61 

Minnesota

15 216 8 68 

Montreal

15 199 5 57 

Boston

16 194 8 67 

Philadelphia

15 193 11 59 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Why not both? Trade Bo, shake up the team and get a new captain. It’s just total speculation but I have a hunch we’d be a better team if we traded both Bo (too passive) and Miller (too sulky), two of the main leaders on this team, for some young roster players and prospects. Change the vibe in the room and start coming together as a team. I could be way off base and I’m sure I’ll hear all about it lol. 

I think your exactly right. I would like to see a team more like Vegas's first year where work ethic was built into their DNA. No excuses, no taking a night off. The old days where the Canucks were labelled "Plumbers" were far more entertaining to watch and to love and adore. These entitled prima donnas are just painful to watch and are getting less and less entertaining. Time for a change, any change.

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

That was years ago, no one on the ice saw it as the play was going the other way at the time so yeah irrelevant to now in 2022. Lol

Still no repercussions to the offender. It was sad but great that Keith finally got what he deserved, too bad it was far too late. 

Just now, EdgarM said:

Still no repercussions to the offender. It was sad but great that Keith finally got what he deserved, too bad it was far too late. 

He was challenged multiple times and bitched out. Short of sucker punching him not much more could be done. If anything that just exposed Matheson. As a pathetic joke. 

Does anyone think that if the team got a few lucky bounces to start the year and came out of the gates say 3-2 on that season opening road trip, that they would have come home with enough confidence to avoid having the season collapse the way it has? Those multiple multi goal lead collapses must have been really disheartening. 

I know this isn’t a perfect team by any means but I feel like if they were all happy and confident we’d be right in the playoff hunt.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

So his injury/surgery isn’t holding him back making the defense in front of him nervous as he doesn’t give them any reassurence?

Toronto had 17 shots in the second period and scored 3 goals on Martin. So it’s not just Demko. What teams are giving up 17 shots in one period?  Teams with good defensive structure do not give up 17 shots in one period. 

• Upvote 1

No severson. Stop suggesting myers 2.0! The man got scratched during the Devils current Win streak. If he's a bum on a current top team... What does that tell ya once he joins us on yet another long term retirement deal that we cannot move!

Also before anyone suggests it also... No to Paryako. Blues fans HATE him. He's been their version of Myers and he's still got 8 years lmao. 

Its time we evolve from these type of guys vet support pieces don't fit a team that needs to fix literally everything

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

Does anyone think that if the team got a few lucky bounces to start the year and came out of the gates say 3-2 on that season opening road trip, that they would have come home with enough confidence to avoid having the season collapse the way it has? Those multiple multi goal lead collapses must have been really disheartening. 

I know this isn’t a perfect team by any means but I feel like if they were all happy and confident we’d be right in the playoff hunt.

Unfortunately with what we were left with from Benning this team needed absolutely everything to go right to finish 3rd in division or in the wild card spot. And so far very little has gone right. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

No severson. Stop suggesting myers 2.0! The man got scratched during the Devils current Win streak. If he's a bum on a current top team... What does that tell ya once he joins us on yet another long term retirement deal that we cannot move!

Also before anyone suggests it also... No to Paryako. Blues fans HATE him. He's been their version of Myers and he's still got 8 years lmao. 

Its time we evolve from these type of guys vet support pieces don't fit a team that needs to fix literally everything

He’s not even remotely close to Myers 2.0 and the numbers back that up substantially. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Toronto had 17 shots in the second period and scored 3 goals on Martin. So it’s not just Demko. What teams are giving up 17 shots in one period?  Teams with good defensive structure do not give up 17 shots in one period. 

Boston gave up 14 in the 3rd. But that's probably because they came out swinging and toned it down to 35% as the game wore on haha!