The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Flames - Canucks Another Canuck heading to Calgary

8 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

You plan a year in advance for Markstrom. Get Demko in more games early, and figure out if he's ready. If not, pick up a washed up has-been to shelter Demko while he gets ready. Absolutely 0 excuses for letting a vezina-caliber goaltender walk for free, when the return should have been extremely high if he was traded with some term on his contract. 

Benning was horrible at asset management and the current Canucks front office has a big mess to fix with the cap constraints and leaving prospect pool almost empty 

On 11/16/2022 at 10:25 PM, R3aL said:

Im gonna say there is absolutely no chance we trade Bo Horvat, our captain to a divisional rival in that of the Calgary Flames.

Him choosing to sign there in the summer would be very unfortunate, but I doubt he would.

GM's don't seem to care about this and just want the best return possible that benefits the team, I mean the Penguins and Hurricanes traded inter division on big trades and the same with Carolina and and Florida and Tampa Bay and NYR 

On 11/16/2022 at 11:49 PM, Devron said:

I would probably cry myself to sleep seeing Bo wearing a Flames jersey

Well.   Some are still painting their butt with zincofax   every night because of Tanev and TT (it's hilarious that i can use two all-caps in a row and we all know exactly whom we are talking about after a couple dozen games isn't it!) so .... welcome to the club!   Or should i say your not part of it (yet?!).   Didn't Bo just pass Kesler and Henrik for PP goals?  And half his career he didn't play on it.   So yes get some of this and be ready just in case! 

image.png.68fdf1cc24bd79be7ae76c7081de0f25.png

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Benning was horrible at asset management and the current Canucks front office has a big mess to fix with the cap constraints and leaving prospect pool almost empty 

Same as it ever was.   The difference this time around, is until Bo is signed anyways, we have a way out.   Maybe it's time to pull a Keenan and that's the first time in my life ive said it.   Because back then, that was or could have been a very very special team.   It won more playoff series then the WCE era and Sedin era did.   Combined really because Linden counts for both lol.  So blah.   Pull a Keenan.   Blow it up.  

Ok maybe just start with ONE hockey trade and work with that.   Myers to TO would suffice.   Then trade Brock to CHI for Seth Jones and see how it goes from there.   Or just blow it up.   Something has to happen.   Demko hasn't been great.   And well maybe him too.   Our team had zero problem scoring.   But sure has an issue keeping the puck out of our own net. 

• Cheers 1

Pretty sure there's only 2 jerseys that Bo would ever wear...Canucks or Leafs. If he gets traded to the Leafs, then they can send Sandin or Liljegren back our way. If he signs soon obviously it will be with the Nucks...if he walks as a UFA I feel confident that he'd sign in TO.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

GM's don't seem to care about this and just want the best return possible that benefits the team, I mean the Penguins and Hurricanes traded inter division on big trades and the same with Carolina and and Florida and Tampa Bay and NYR 

Okay if we trade our captain and potentially a 40 goal scorer in his prime to the flames I will shove my fit in my mouth