The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

13 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

This team does have a gap in defence.  

we have a gap at coach as well. 

scotty walker.

there is a reversal of coaching last season that had an impact.  

Green was preaching defence, cause he knew his new defence group  had 4 new players and each pair was new with Hughes and Schenn returning that made it not a near total defence turn over.

Myers and OEL had a great back 3/4 of the year.

had Bo not gotten injured, I think this team makes last years playoffs,

But now we can keep a lead or defend a zone.  Bruce is a freewheeling coach.  Old school.

He went to far to the wold side and his players did let him down.

that and Demko just was terrible for a bit.

it can happen.

If the Captain is being dealt and the coach is being replaced, it better right the godammed ship.

I also am ashamed of the entitled assholes mocking one of the most loved personalities in the game that grew into an NHL coach the hard way,

You can afford a ticket to a game.  Feel lucky to be there, some of us are on the very bottom and it’s a luxury and entertainment.

the number of instances Vancouver Fans have earned their bad rap, from the Old Canada Cup game that Canada lost in Vancouver, to the riots.

like riots.

cup winning teams riot,

cup losing teams go home quietly.  Because silence is the sound of losing,

This post is like a Ferret in a frying pan. 

You be Jumping all over the place. 

• Haha 2

@Phat Fingers here’s a quote from JRs after hours interview. It looks to me that their going to honour BBs contract thru this season. In another interview he said he didn’t want to be paying green BB and a 3 rd replacement coach for BB.  ;Edit it’s also not good optics to be going thru so many coach’s in that short a time frame.        “It was my understanding that he was going to get a contract for just last year. He got a contract really for two years, and so he’s still got his contract. It wasn’t that we extended him one year, it was that we just lived by the contract he had,” Rutherford said.

Edited by chon derry
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

@Phat Fingers here’s a quote from JRs after hours interview. It looks to me that their going to honour BBs contract thru this season. In another interview he said he didn’t want to be paying green BB and a 3 rd replacement coach for BB.          “It was my understanding that he was going to get a contract for just last year. He got a contract really for two years, and so he’s still got his contract. It wasn’t that we extended him one year, it was that we just lived by the contract he had,” Rutherford said.

I’ve seen that JR quote of “not wanting his owner to be paying for three Head Coaches” too.  Clearly though Boudreau is not JR’s choice for coach after this season. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’ve seen that JR quote of “not wanting his owner to be paying for three Head Coaches” too.  Clearly though Boudreau is not JR’s choice for coach after this season. 

I think JRs underestimated the Canuck fanbase and the team itself, As to Boudreau s popularity. And since BB was hired before JR exactly who hired BB? Was it FA? And if it was then maybe there’s an outside chance FA intervenes with a BB JR decision? That is if the team does an upturn for the balance remaining. One can only hope for those 2 things. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

36 minutes ago, chon derry said:

I think JRs underestimated the Canuck fanbase and the team itself, As to Boudreau s popularity. And since BB was hired before JR exactly who hired BB? Was it FA? And if it was then maybe there’s an outside chance FA intervenes with a BB JR decision? That is if the team does an upturn for the balance remaining. One can only hope for those 2 things. 

Interesting point.  I didn’t think about our owner choosing Boudreau over management.  Maybe he goes to Smyle as President and the Twins have more say in day to day management?  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Interesting point.  I didn’t think about our owner choosing Boudreau over management.  Maybe he goes to Smyle as President and the Twins have more say in day to day management?  

There wasn’t anybody left to have hired BB but FA. Interesting if he defends BB or slinks into the back ground. It also raises the question why was BB hired before JR.? Usually thats left up to the incoming GM/Pres.  couple this unanswered question with a premature signing of miller before a horvat signing it does seem like a lot of jumping the gun , hasty desperate un thought out decisions if you ask me. 

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

There wasn’t anybody left to have hired BB but FA. Interesting if he defends BB or slinks into the back ground. It also raises the question why was BB hired before JR.? Usually thats left up to the incoming GM/Pres.  couple this unanswered question with a premature signing of miller before a horvat signing it does seem like a lot of jumping the gun , hasty desperate un thought out decisions if you ask me. 

My theory he wanted to get his coach before someone else grabbed him.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My theory he wanted to get his coach before someone else grabbed him.

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

“His” as in our owner?  Didn’t he hire Torts as “his” coach too?  Maybe our owner needs to stay out of hockey ops? 

I know this has nothing to do with the topic  but who appointed louongo as captain all those years ago? As an ex player that’s typically something done by players in the dressing room you could see loungos  reluctance in that role. 

Edited by chon derry
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

I know this has nothing to do with the topic  but who appointed louongo as captain all those years ago? As an ex player that’s typically something done by players in the dressing room you could see lounges reluctance in that role. 

That I think was Gillis. The guy known for out of the box thinking. Not all moves he did was great.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

This team does have a gap in defence.  

we have a gap at coach as well. 

scotty walker.

there is a reversal of coaching last season that had an impact.  

Green was preaching defence, cause he knew his new defence group  had 4 new players and each pair was new with Hughes and Schenn returning that made it not a near total defence turn over.

Myers and OEL had a great back 3/4 of the year.

had Bo not gotten injured, I think this team makes last years playoffs,

But now we can keep a lead or defend a zone.  Bruce is a freewheeling coach.  Old school.

He went to far to the wold side and his players did let him down.

that and Demko just was terrible for a bit.

it can happen.

If the Captain is being dealt and the coach is being replaced, it better right the godammed ship.

I also am ashamed of the entitled assholes mocking one of the most loved personalities in the game that grew into an NHL coach the hard way,

You can afford a ticket to a game.  Feel lucky to be there, some of us are on the very bottom and it’s a luxury and entertainment.

the number of instances Vancouver Fans have earned their bad rap, from the Old Canada Cup game that Canada lost in Vancouver, to the riots.

like riots.

cup winning teams riot,

cup losing teams go home quietly.  Because silence is the sound of losing,

Good post.

The riot part though, the true fans went home quietly, disappointed.

If you had spent your entire life wanting to see the Canucks win the cup and with the way we lost in Game 7... you just don't have energy left to pull off that sort of $hit.

I wouldn't associate the true fans with the riot in any way. Those were hooligans that showed up just with the purpose of causing havoc. They weren't interested in the team.

The team has flaws. There are gaps everywhere, coaching, defence, and even up front. We have many skilled forwards but no grit guys, the Sutters, Beagles, Hansens, and Burrows type players.

It all dates back to 2020 off season. It rarely works out where you replace that many important roster positions with new players. Improvement had to be incremental and up to 2020, I think we were on the upward trajectory.

But then, 2020 the management philosophy shifted. We saw many important players that was part of building up the culture leave (Marky and Tanev) and the same in 2021 (Edler, Beagle, Roussel).

I think in 2020, it was true that we may have been 2-3 years away. Now we have to build up our culture from the scratch. It's a long road ahead.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Ya I never heard who actually made it. Being so far away from local van media. But it never made sense to me. 

Wasn’t that Lou being captain in some way connected to his re-signing with us?  And our owner did, in later years, fly to Lou’s house in Florida to talk to him about the Schneider trade.  I know our owner says he’s not involved with hockey ops, but there sure is a trail of evidence that he is in some regards.  

• Cheers 1