The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Dysin Mayo, Karson Kuhlman

I actually suggested we pick up Dysin Mayo last year. 

Played over 20 minutes per game last season with 70% defensive zone starts. Down to 11 minutes per game this year. 

Didn't have great results - he actually reminds me a bit of Tucker Poolman (who would have been a great signing at Dysin Mayo money).

He killed 197 minutes of penalties last year with an 84% percentile ranking. He hits, blocks shots and a decent clip is still youngish with good size and a BC boy. Just on PK alone and his experience playing bigger minutes I wouldn't even mind moving Stillman and a late pick to clear a bit of cap and bring him in. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I actually suggested we pick up Dysin Mayo last year. 

Played over 20 minutes per game last season with 70% defensive zone starts. Down to 11 minutes per game this year. 

Didn't have great results - he actually reminds me a bit of Tucker Poolman (who would have been a great signing at Dysin Mayo money).

He killed 197 minutes of penalties last year with an 84% percentile ranking. He hits, blocks shots and a decent clip is still youngish with good size and a BC boy. Just on PK alone and his experience playing bigger minutes I wouldn't even mind moving Stillman and a late pick to clear a bit of cap and bring him in. 

Consider me interested. Although I don't see where he fits with Bear and Schenn being in the lineup. And Myers being a anchor we don't want to healthy scratch.