The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday December 19 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs St Louis Blues - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Just now, EdgarM said:

Not enough character players on the team. 

This is what happens when a losing culture takes hold, Elmer spent 7 years developing this competitive model but the players actually want to win and losing for half a career they lose hope. They start playing for themselves and their next contract and longevity in the league.

12 minutes ago, Devron said:

I’m confused by your statement. Last game? 5-1 Winnipeg  How man times have we let in less than 3 goals? Twice? Who can move the puck up the ice other than Bear and Hughes? 

They didn't start playing in Winnipeg until about 4-5 minutes left in the game. Pretty tough to win any game with that kind of effort. Then when we do have a lead, everyone plays like they are in adult drop in hockey, not enough effort to win anything no matter how bad the dmen are.

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

They didn't start playing in Winnipeg until about 4-5 minutes left in the game. Pretty tough to win any game with that kind of effort. Then when we do have a lead, everyone plays like they are in adult drop in hockey, not enough effort to win anything no matter how bad the dmen are.

I don’t know man you can’t really shine a turd. I mean I could go out there and give it my all. Means nothing cause I suck 

Crazy people are going to the game with this team now and especially the weather.  Gonna be bad tonight with more snow and feels like -15.   I remember telling my friends to skip the game a few weeks ago during the storm.  They all laughed and say it was nothing.  Next day they were apologizing to me for for listening.  Took them 8 hours to get home after the game

3 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

This is what happens when a losing culture takes hold, Elmer spent 7 years developing this competitive model but the players actually want to win and losing for half a career they lose hope. They start playing for themselves and their next contract and longevity in the league.

I have seen that the more they make and the more offensively gifted they are, the less effort and the less interest they have in defense on this team.  Linden was the last guy that I seen give 100% every game even though he was offensively gifted. This "take the foot off the gas" mentality got worse the more talent this team acquired.

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I don’t know man you can’t really shine a turd. I mean I could go out there and give it my all. Means nothing cause I suck 

true, but you gave it your all and many would notice the "try". Many nights a number of our players look like they're better suited for Stars On Ice

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Devron said:

This league is so evely matched most of the time that sometimes it comes down to who wants it more. You can really see this in the playoffs. One mistake and thats the game. When you have guys intentionally taking nights off, you are basically handing over the win to your oponent and the scary thing is, it seems like they don't care either way, they just want the pay check.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, rychicken said:

true, but you gave it your all and many would notice the "try". Many nights a number of our players look like they're better suited for Stars On Ice

True but I mean teams drop bombs all the time around the league. We just do it more frequently because we have a poorly constructed team imo 

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

This league is so evely matched most of the time that sometimes it comes down to who wants it more. You can really see this in the playoffs. One mistake and thats the game. When you have guys intentionally taking nights off, you are basically handing over the win to your oponent and the scary thing is, it seems like they don't care either way, they just want the pay check.

It is irritating that they seem to be a better team on the road and can’t seem to get it together at home 

• Like 1

REFEREES

Frederick L’Ecuyer #17
FL17.jpg?resize=120,120
Ghislain Hebert #22
GH22.jpg?resize=120,120
Games ’22-23 29 27
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 66 / 12 75 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 911 / 33 803 / 0
First NHL Game 10/13/07 3/3/09
Birthplace St-Tite, QC Bathurst, NB

LINESMEN

David Brisebois #96
DB96.jpg?resize=120,120
Travis Toomey #90
TT90.jpg?resize=120,120&ssl=1
Games ’22-23 29 26
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 75 / 23 75 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1391 / 77 198 / 0
First NHL Game 10/11/00 10/3/19
Birthplace Sudbury, ON Leduc, AB
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NHTyrany said:

I want to see everyone fight tonight. If it leads to a loss, better draft position. I don't care about the score any more, just show some desire and might. Horvat needs to throw a huge center ice hit and then win the retaliation fight--even if it means breaking a finger nail...Same goes for Miller, and the rest of the nuckleheads.

GCG

Canucks should have traded for him.  I don't think the Wild have lost a game since they traded for him.

The last of an ancient breed:  The fighter

45 minutes ago, Roberts said:

why does this group have such trouble putting in a full effort?

You ever work some where and see employees that do the absolute minimum without being let go?

Those employees with no interest in the company or seeing the business thrive?
Just there to collect their pay and nothing else?

The Canucks have more than their share of people that don’t care enough about results to give 100 %. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Devron said:

True but I mean teams drop bombs all the time around the league. We just do it more frequently because we have a poorly constructed team imo 

I agree, our team is poorly constructed, but those that have responsibilities do not always do what is needed of them. You can't just say "We need to be better" and then do nothing different the next game or come out flat right out of the gate. 

Like that one poster used to put out every game "DO SOMETHING!" They do the same every game and then they some how find out how to do even less the next game. 

No one puts forth EXTRA effort, ever. Especially when we are down in a game and need a lift. Its like, they don't know how. Or they don't care, one of the two.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Devron said:

It is irritating that they seem to be a better team on the road and can’t seem to get it together at home 

Inconsistency is our huge downfall, hence why we need a change even though we are full of very talented players.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Canucks should have traded for him.  I don't think the Wild have lost a game since they traded for him.

The last of an ancient breed:  The fighter

Edmonton was doing pretty good with Kane too before he got injured.

• Upvote 1