The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday December 22 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Seattle Kraken - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This was the first time in like 15 years I didn't know a game was on, I guess its just how the season has gone

Can't let our streak against Seattle go! LFG boys.

I thought yesterday was Thursday...I was pumped all day to watch the game just to learn it was Wednesday at 7pm . That's what happens when you're on holidays...

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Omg his pure joy ahahah

Lane has looked very good in his canucks debut and tonight. He gets himself into good scoring spots and has the ability to finish.

very curious if he can stick In the lineup.

if he does be insane value 

don’t wanna get ahead of myself but he’s far exceeded my expectations 

15 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I thought I read something about a comment Bear made in the media.

Could be a decision made from above (likely JR) to make a statement. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/boudreau-preaches-positivity-as-canucks-struggle-to-find-their-way/

After the Canucks lost by four goals to the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday, defenceman Ethan Bear, still relatively new to Vancouver, told Sportsnet: “We've got to stop having so much fun and just get to work because of what needs to be done.”

His comment raised a complicated issue.

The Canucks, many of their players have said, genuinely enjoy playing together. They are friends as well as teammates. The young core players have been together for four years. But, except for three rounds of playoff bubble hockey in Edmonton in 2020, they haven’t won.

President of hockey operations Jim Rutherford and general manager Patrik Allvin have talked about culture since they arrived last winter. Are the players too comfortable?

The players are too comfortable.

Only Petey has stepped up his game, while Brock has stagnated. Even Hughes, he is still amazing, but he has stagnated. I thought he'd be in Norris conversation by now. He isn't there yet.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Nope... the usual; beer :lol:

I just haven't been as invested lately. Somehow even the Megna/Chaput years had more of my interest. Maybe my life was more lame then - but that's hard to believe haha

I don’t blame you one bit. I seriously debated going to bed instead of watching this.

• Cheers 2