The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 27, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, TNucks1 said:

yeah ive defended myers a bunch in the past but this year has looked terrible but alot of people were saying trade dickenson for scraps and also think managment probably could of done a 3rd instead of a 2nd but probably for the best we just wait it out.

That’s what I think as well. If Myers had some value couldn’t we of traded him in the summer  with a pick instead of the Dickinson deal

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

It will take some movements but it's not finalized yet, nor should it be. 

Given the recent comments by his agent and the lack of commitment to signing a healthy deal offered (not the rumoured summer offer) by the Canucks it sounds as if, and deservedly so, Bo wants to weigh his options in free agency. Can’t blame the guy given the consistent losing and lack of direction from this club he is supposed to lead on the ice night in and night out. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, mordekai said:

His dawg stat has OEL at the bottom in the last three wins :picard:

somehow 8mina of play gets you 100+ dawg. Now I know for sure this stat is useless n misleading 

I mean OEL has had some crappy games this year but everytime I see him at the bottom of that stupid Dawg stat I think, wait a minute didn’t he play a pretty good game tonight? 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

His play this season has stretched his value far beyond what the Canuck’s should commit to given the state of the franchise. You sell

high on guys that you can outside of your franchise players which we have in Petey. It’s only good for the longevity of the franchise. By committing to hometown favourites over and over again given how bad this team has been for nearly a decade is the definition of insanity. 

I do think we'll see a regression in goals but what about other things like faceoffs?

Where do you find a solid top 6 centre who does as well as Bo in the dot. 

Who starts taking important draws on our team? 

I don't know what you can get for Miller but the no brainer move would be to trade Miller and give Bo and Kuzzy his money. 

The only way I'd trade Bo is for an overpayment but what does that even look like? 

And does that mean we are stuck with Miller for 8 years?

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

I mean OEL has had some crappy games this year but everytime I see him at the bottom of that stupid Dawg stat I think, wait a minute didn’t he play a pretty good game tonight? 

havent really paid attention to stats and stuff since covid restrictions, i dont remember seeing any "DAWG" ratings, what is it even?

so is our future 7x8million player demoted to the 3rd line playing with garland and lazar as his winger now?? unless he's going to get all his points on the PP the rest of the season.. he might not even reach 70 points this season as he's already only projecting to 75 points this season. 

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

For sure! Coilers game he was bottom dawg but I didn’t see any D having that poor of a game, especially OEL

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

havent really paid attention to stats and stuff since covid restrictions, i dont remember seeing any "DAWG" ratings, what is it even?

VC posted the link a couple pages back. Made up stat by Faber and co

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

so is our future 7x8million player demoted to the 3rd line playing with garland and lazar as his winger now?? unless he's going to get all his points on the PP the rest of the season.. he might not even reach 70 points this season as he's already only projecting to 75 points this season. 

He has 3 points in the last three games since he was switched to center.:bigblush:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

I do think we'll see a regression in goals but what about other things like faceoffs?

Where do you find a solid top 6 centre who does as well as Bo in the dot. 

Who starts taking important draws on our team? 

I don't know what you can get for Miller but the no brainer move would be to trade Miller and give Bo and Kuzzy his money. 

The only way I'd trade Bo is for an overpayment but what does that even look like? 

And does that mean we are stuck with Miller for 8 years?

Who the F is going to trade for Miller at this point? So many people on here clammer just trade Miller and sign Horvat as if it were that easy. That ship probably sailed in the off-season as Horvat is now much more valuable and Miller is being exposed for what he is. A big F up by management (ownership) but one they are probably going to have to eat. Trading Miller is an absolute pipe dream at this point.  

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

Who the F is going to trade for Miller at this point? So many people on here clammer just trade Miller and sign Horvat as if it were that easy. That ship probably sailed in the off-season as Horvat is now much more valuable and Miller is being exposed for what he is. A big F up by management (ownership) but one they are probably going to have to eat. Trading Miller is an absolute pipe dream at this point.  

You never know, Rangers looking like the are regretting not anting up for Miller right about now

• Cheers 2

Just now, Pickly said:

i got a hate/love with miller, even at deadline there isnt teams with cap space and why would bottom feeders pay for his contract when he's 30 but i guess we'll see, just dont see it happening.

• Cheers 2

Wow Miller, a point a game player signed to a fair deal @ 8m, is not wanted by any team in this league? 

Miller is on a fair contract. He'd be important to a team that needs help scoring. Problem is, we have no problems scoring. we should have allocated his funds to shore up the defence but we went oilers route and loaded up on goals instead. 

This. 

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Wow Miller, a point a game player signed to a fair deal @ 8m, is not wanted by any team in this league? 

Miller is on a fair contract. He'd be important to a team that needs help scoring. Problem is, we have no problems scoring. we should have allocated his funds to shore up the defence but we went oilers route and loaded up on goals instead. 

Cap space. And lack there of. Not a lot of teams have it so trades are really, really difficult right now. If it wasn’t an issue the Canucks management group probably would have done a lot more last off-season. 

Yup. No problem with Millers contract. Would just just be a sad day to see Bo go instead 

• Cheers 4

No problem trading an 8x7 for a nearing 30 year old? Holy Jesus 

Look around the league man. There are 30 year old playing and making money lol. Millers contract is fine and right were it should be. 

I don’t think it was right prioritizing Miller over Horvat but contract wise it’s a fair deal

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2