The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (01-07) 2023

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Could have just kept Edler and he would be playing at the same level as OEL for a fraction of the price…

He didn't want to stay.  His agent explained it.  

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

On 1/4/2023 at 6:53 AM, DeNiro said:

Could have just kept Edler and he would be playing at the same level as OEL for a fraction of the price…

I know his agent said he wanted to move but I bet part of that was because of all the turnover and all his team mates leaving. Marky had to go to make way for Demko, sure, but letting Edler and Tanev walk was the biggest mistake this team has made, which has led to the mess we're in now. If we still had Edler he'd be playing on the PK, bottom LD pairing at 15-18 minutes, we'd have Tanev still in our top 4 and some extra cash for a 4M 2nd pairing LD.

No surprise our team goes to crap after we lose our two best franchise defencemen for nothing. Marky and Toffoli have been replaced but we've never truly replaced Edler and Tanev.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Muttley said:

This is great. Hey! I aint got no stick so I'll take yours, thank-you very much! Last time I head of an illegal stick, it was partly broken or an illegal curve.

Edited by mll

REFEREE KICKED OUT OF A U16 GIRLS HOCKEY GAME AFTER BEING CAUGHT DRUNK

Refereeing is a thankless job. No matter the calls you make, some group of people is bound to hate you for it.

In a girls U16 game, a referee was caught trying to make the game a little less stressful for himself.

The referee is very clearly under the influence of something, and that's definitely not the influence (excuse the pun) we want to see at a young girls hockey game.

Luckily, he was removed from the game soon after, so he could no longer pose a danger to the girls, or to himself.

Didn't know where to put this. Right here seemed as good a spot as any.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Haha 1