The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Czechia vs. Canada | Gold Medal Game | Jan. 05, 2023 | 3:30 pm PT

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Can only hope and imagine the boys will be extra fiery tonight hell bent on avenging that ugly loss. 

There's no reason they shouldn't win, they've beaten more talented teams in this tournament. Czech's are good and play a good system but Canada is deeper with more talent. 

Czechia plays a better team game. 

They’re dangerous AF. 

It’s going to be a tough game. I’m not expecting a victory. I’m hoping for it.  

Bedard and Milic. If they can do everything lights out, I think Team Canada wins this. 

The biggest worry for me is the Dcorps. They don’t make good decisions and their passing and play-reads have been horrible. 

Just hope they all step up and make better decisions. 

21 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Czechs have the best D in the tourney. Not gonna be easy.

Yup and lets hope the Canadian D will match it....and our talented group of forwards will adapt and find a way....as well being defensively responsible

Just now, Harold Drunken said:

Guenther is 19 lol. Don't read too much into these tournament point totals.....Guenther has the same amount of points as Toews, Heatley, Point, Marchand Kadri did in less games played.

image.gif.f624e64c8d2f4fe7be19a74befe49c20.gif

I want Guenther to be best today. 

Guenther!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

They’re dangerous AF. 

Bedard and Milic. If they can do everything lights out, I think Team Canada wins this. 

The biggest worry for me is the Dcorps. They don’t make good decisions and their passing and play-reads have been horrible. 

They do for sure, they are very tough but just as beatable as Sweden or USA which we did. 

26 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Guenther is 19 lol. Don't read too much into these tournament point totals.....Guenther has the same amount or more  points as Toews, Heatley, Point, Makar, Marchand Kadri, Batherson, Cirelli did in less or equal games played. These are teenagers on a huge stage, this isn't a direct comparison or projection for their pro career in any way. I personally would rather have Guenther than 6 goal Garland and OEL until he's 40....but that's just me. Guenther by the way in on a better PPG pace than Garland...just saying. He has 3 less goals in 15 less games played so it's odd you'd rather have Garland and OEL.

Guys in front of him? Daigle, Hayton, Petan, Lazar, Dawes, Drouin, Lundmark...not a surefire projection. 

A 19 year old in the NHL is indeed special. That's not debatable. 

So is ok to not read too much into guenther but yet the same tourney fans and media are calling lekkerimaki a bust 

35 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

They’re dangerous AF. 

I'd be benching Clarke except for some pp time.  He's been absolutely atrocious defensively.