The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Conor Garland buyout this Summer?

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

6 points in 6 games now, Tocchet likes him, he thrived in the Zone under Tbone last go around, so buy out not likely if he keeps this up, he looks more effective than Brock and with a better contract 

Man. Your post is great... Zone and Tbone. 

That needs to stick

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

6 points in 6 games now, Tocchet likes him, he thrived in the Zone under Tbone last go around, so buy out not likely if he keeps this up, he looks more effective than Brock and with a better contract 

He is also playing with the same players he lit it up with last year too. The Podz-JT-Garland line is very good, and I actually see it motivating JT; his previous comments shows he has a ton of respect for both players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

Brock the slow skating snipe…guys are saying a teams from Cali want brock because of his poofy hair 

• There it is 1

17 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Agree....I'd bet a beer that he is actually playing injuried right now...like Ilya was. He just looks tired and immobile out there. I just cant see him lose his ability to skate that quick.

Much like Hughes, he just played WAY TOO MUCH hockey early in the year, and has really had no time off to heel/recover other than All Star break. I'll give him the benfit of the doubt for 23/24, then have the discussion. I feel Myers is suffering from this too.

I think he's injured too. 

I can't see how skating would regress this badly so quickly. He's like Juulsen foot speed now. 

Only his intelligence, taking the correct angles/lanes and stickwork is keeping him in the game. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think he's injured too. 

I can't see how skating would regress this badly so quickly. He's like Juulsen foot speed now. 

Only his intelligence, taking the correct angles/lanes and stickwork is keeping him in the game. 

Yep, and the fact that we have no other better options to squeeze into the 2nd pair has probably kept him active.

Honestly, with the season we are in, just shut him down and let him heal. Ease him back like they are Demko. Let Dermott, Stillman, & Burroughs battle it out for 2/3LD. Worst case; we see what we have in them for 3LD in 2024 while guaranteeing a good draft spot.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Yep, and the fact that we have no other better options to squeeze into the 2nd pair has probably kept him active.

Honestly, with the season we are in, just shut him down and let him heal. Ease him back like they are Demko. Let Dermott, Stillman, & Burroughs battle it out for 2/3LD. Worst case; we see what we have in them for 3LD in 2024 while guaranteeing a good draft spot.

Thats if he is infact injured lol. 

If he's not... We're screwed

• Sad 1