The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Conor Garland buyout this Summer?

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not after tonight.

Vancouver is very supportive of their LGBTQ community. It would be a PR disaster to bring in a guy that refused to wear a pride jersey.

Yup.  Sure that’s a good trade for us, but we don’t want anything to do with a loser hate monger like Provorov.  

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

Where do you get hate from?

Someone who doesn’t accept another persons freedom to choose who they want to be with is hateful. No other way to spin it.

Where does it say in his religion to not accept gay people. I’ll wait.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Someone who doesnt accept or respect other peoples beliefs are choosing to hate someone for their freedom to believe in what they believe.

where does it say we all have to accept anything and everything? Where does it say people or religion are unable to have beliefs?

You telling someone to stop their beliefs is like someone telling gay people to stop being gay.

People are allowed to have beliefs, just as you, myself and many others dont share Provorovs beliefs. Doesnt mean we cant have different views. As long as it doesnt come from hate. There were no derogatory comments, he didnt attack anyone… You and everyone else are ATTACKING him. it compromised his beliefs, wether we support it or not. And HE is being punished for being himself and sticking to his religion. How f***ing wrong is that????? That is LITERALLY the pot calling the kettle black. Shaming someone for being different. 

Just because someone or some group doesnt believe in something doesnt mean they hate and despise them. They just choose to not believe in it.

You and your view comes from hate. You dont accept others.

why should people compromise their own morals and values for everyone else, when NO ONE will respect that groups way of belief. The irony in that is astounding.

Homosexuality was not accepted early in mankind and religion for many reasons

1) In nature it reduces procreation to keep species going

2) It stops bloodlines

3) it prevented or made it difficult for royal marriages. Which would also bring peace to areas.

I personally do not know of any species in nature that has purely male or female relationships. They may assert dominance, but do not carry that attraction forward until their dying days. If there is proof of this, I would honestly like to know.

I have worked with countless gay, lesbian and questioning people. I have a cousin who is trans and I have a couple other friends who have began to transition. Do I think its normal? No. Does it bother me? No. Do I support it? Yes, I support peoples beliefs and identities.

We are all free to think and feel what is right to us and no one should make us feel uncomfortable about OUR beliefs.

Not that long ago people didn’t accept black people in regular society. It was their right to believe that. Did that make it right?

Be on the right side of history. ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not that long ago people didn’t accept black people in regular society. It was their right to believe that. Did that make it right?

Be on the right side of history. ;)

Wow man you’re cluess. Theres a massive difference, that was a hate crime. Slavery and targeted attacks, actual crimes of hate towards a specific race vs someone not wearing a god damn jersey because of their religious beliefs. He was being pressured and forced to do something he felt compromised his own beliefs and values. The hate crimes you speak of werent forced, they were sought out. Figure it out bud. Provorov made zero attacks on LGBTQ. He simply didnt feel comfortable going against his religious values and beliefs. Jesus christ man.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Wow man you’re cluess. Theres a massive difference, that was a hate crime. Slavery and targeted attacks, actual crimes of hate towards a specific race vs someone not wearing a god damn jersey because of their religious beliefs. He was being pressured and forced to do something he felt compromised his own beliefs and values. The hate crimes you speak of werent forced, they were sought out. Figure it out bud. Provorov made zero attacks on LGBTQ. He simply didnt feel comfortable going against his religious values and beliefs. Jesus christ man.

Please educate yourself on what they do to gay people in Russia before calling other people clueless. Clearly you’re completely ignorant to what is going on there. You can mask it as “freedom” all you want but it’s homophobia plain and simple.

He doesn’t have to have done those things himself. All he has to do is support a leader, country, and religious organization that does do those things.

And yes Jesus Christ would be ashamed. He accepted all people. ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Not after tonight.

Vancouver is very supportive of their LGBTQ community. It would be a PR disaster to bring in a guy that refused to wear a pride jersey.

Welp... We didn't need another left D anyway... Lol

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Someone who doesnt accept or respect other peoples beliefs are choosing to hate someone for their freedom to believe in what they believe.

where does it say we all have to accept anything and everything? Where does it say people or religion are unable to have beliefs?

You telling someone to stop their beliefs is like someone telling gay people to stop being gay.

People are allowed to have beliefs, just as you, myself and many others dont share Provorovs beliefs. Doesnt mean we cant have different views. As long as it doesnt come from hate. There were no derogatory comments, he didnt attack anyone… You and everyone else are ATTACKING him. it compromised his beliefs, wether we support it or not. And HE is being punished for being himself and sticking to his religion. How f***ing wrong is that????? That is LITERALLY the pot calling the kettle black. Shaming someone for being different. 

Just because someone or some group doesnt believe in something doesnt mean they hate and despise them. They just choose to not believe in it.

You and your view comes from hate. You dont accept others.

why should people compromise their own morals and values for everyone else, when NO ONE will respect that groups way of belief. The irony in that is astounding.

Homosexuality was not accepted early in mankind and religion for many reasons

1) In nature it reduces procreation to keep species going

2) It stops bloodlines

3) it prevented or made it difficult for royal marriages. Which would also bring peace to areas.

I personally do not know of any species in nature that has purely male or female relationships. They may assert dominance, but do not carry that attraction forward until their dying days. If there is proof of this, I would honestly like to know.

I have worked with countless gay, lesbian and questioning people. I have a cousin who is trans and I have a couple other friends who have began to transition. Do I think its normal? No. Does it bother me? No. Do I support it? Yes, I support peoples beliefs and identities.

We are all free to think and feel what is right to us and no one should make us feel uncomfortable about OUR beliefs.

You're bang on my friend.  Forcing someone to do or not to do something they are uncomfortable with is why we started the movement in the first place.  We have to support personal choice and freedoms.  It's amazing how someone would sight religion as a reason to hate then preach from a mountain about how awful someone is.....weird.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Please educate yourself on what they do to gay people in Russia before calling other people clueless. Clearly you’re completely ignorant to what is going on there. You can mask it as “freedom” all you want but it’s homophobia plain and simple.

He doesn’t have to have done those things himself. All he has to do is support a leader, country, and religious organization that does do those things.

And yes Jesus Christ would be ashamed. He accepted all people. ;)

So guilty by association? You’ve already jumped to a conclusion that because he is Russian its out of hate. Literally the weakest argument ever. “He doesnt have to have done anything, but because he is Russian its true and hes a POS”

Thats a hate crime right there. All he has to do is be Russian to be guilty. You want to talk about being on the right side of the history books??? Thats exactly how white folk treated black people. “Because they’re black”

Once again, did Provorov go out of his way to attack a specific group of people? No.

Was he being forced or pressured to do something he wasn’t comfortable with? Yes. And the principle of all this, is to accept people that are different. He is not from this part of the world, his views are different as are the women who live freely here in Canada but still dress in full hijabs, practice THEIR OWN RELIGION here and we accept them and every culture that is part of Canada. Even though over there, women get stoned to death for being raped. As if there are no hate crimes against the LGBTQ community here in Canada/north america. Or hey, because we are Canadian, that must mean we all hate First Nation people because of all these mass graves that are being uncovered? right?? Hes russian and hates gay people because of things that happen in Russia. So we must hate first nation people because some stuff happened here in Canada and we are Canadian. 

We are all raised differently and to attack someone for how they are wired is the equivalent of attacking a gay person. Because thats just who they are. Just as how Russian culture may be. Is that his fault???? Did he create that culture?? Can you prove he partook in any sort of acts of hate and hostility towards a certain community??? No. You just label him as that because he is Russian and that is highly prejudice of you.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

So guilty by association? You’ve already jumped to a conclusion that because he is Russian its out of hate. Literally the weakest argument ever. “He doesnt have to have done anything, but because he is Russian its true and hes a POS”

Thats a hate crime right there. All he has to do is be Russian to be guilty. You want to talk about being on the right side of the history books??? Thats exactly how white folk treated black people. “Because they’re black”

Once again, did Provorov go out of his way to attack a specific group of people? No.

Was he being forced or pressured to do something he wasn’t comfortable with? Yes. And the principle of all this, is to accept people that are different. He is not from this part of the world, his views are different as are the women who live freely here in Canada but still dress in full hijabs, practice THEIR OWN RELIGION here and we accept them and every culture that is part of Canada. Even though over there, women get stoned to death for being raped. As if there are no hate crimes against the LGBTQ community here in Canada/north america. Or hey, because we are Canadian, that must mean we all hate First Nation people because of all these mass graves that are being uncovered? right?? Hes russian and hates gay people because of things that happen in Russia. So we must hate first nation people because some stuff happened here in Canada and we are Canadian. 

We are all raised differently and to attack someone for how they are wired is the equivalent of attacking a gay person. Because thats just who they are. Just as how Russian culture may be. Is that his fault???? Did he create that culture?? Can you prove he partook in any sort of acts of hate and hostility towards a certain community??? No. You just label him as that because he is Russian and that is highly prejudice of you.

agreed.. i have some friends that are gay and some that are les i have no issues with them i'm indifferent about them. i dont support or not support the lgbqt community as long as it doesn't affect me, but at the same time i shouldn't be forced to pick a side either support or be against them.. 

i find nowadays you are not allowed to be neutral.. if you dont go out waving your flags supporting this supporting that you must be racist. just because i don't support something doesn't mean i discriminate them.. i just have better things to worry about to care whether or not they are gay or straight.. they dont' affect me i dont affect them.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Provorov has the freedom to do exactly what he did, refuse to wear the pride jersey.

The rest of the hockey world has the freedom to think he is a piece of garbage for that choice.

Freedom of expression is not the same as freedom from consequences.

Would not want him on this team.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

Provorov has the freedom to do exactly what he did, refuse to wear the pride jersey.

The rest of the hockey world has the freedom to think he is a piece of garbage for that choice.

Freedom of expression is not the same as freedom from consequences.

Would not want him on this team.

Provorov: "I don't want to support this thing I don't believe in"

Reasonable people: "I don't want to support Provorov since he doesn't support things I find important"

The others: "YOU CANT DO THAT YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT HIM HAVEN'T YOU EVER HEARD OF INCLUSIVITY?!?!"

Edited by Shayster007
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

The selectivity some religious people use, when some topics come up.

Won't wear jersey cause -reasons of religion.

cool- wonder if

the dude even attends a church?

Has ever made a statement deploring violence and war in the world

Helped out at a food bank

Also won't wear mixed fabrics- on penalty of death.

on and on

and on go; the religious edicts/rules/laws yet we only hear about this guy's religious beliefs when it comes to gay folk.

Very very selective on Provorov's part- eh what?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

The selectivity some religious people use, when some topics come up.

Won't wear jersey cause -reasons of religion.

cool- wonder if

the dude even attends a church?

Has ever made a statement deploring violence and war in the world

Helped out at a food bank

Also won't wear mixed fabrics- on penalty of death.

on and on

and on go; the religious edicts/rules/laws yet we only hear about this guy's religious beliefs when it comes to gay folk.

Very very selective on Provorov's part- eh what?

It’s convenient for people to hide behind religion and faith. Provorov probably doesn’t attend church but what do I know about the guy. We don’t need another LHD anyways. So why would we swing a deal for the guy? 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1