The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I mean I did hope you got addicted to fentanyl, so there’s that. 

Yeah no I know and that was a real dick thing to say and f*ck you asshole but otherwise, been a nice thread. 

1 minute ago, TripleSedins said:

Hockey players have 10 good years, 20 - 30 they are all *&^*&^ young haha.  

1.Is the player skilled enough

2.Will he fit with your team 

3. What is his cap hit 

4. Does he factor into your timeline (this should be the only credit to age yet it seems overvalued in the league, (perhaps pace and injuries are a factor for aging players?)

right. good points. 

1. I would say Kuzmenko and Hronek are skilled. the others on that list provided are question marks for me. Beau is decent, but I don't think he's on the same level skill wise as Kuzmenko. 

2. We don't know. Kratsov is just starting to get some practices under his belt right? Räty is mostly with Abbotsford (not sure how long he will remain with the big club). Bear is decent and has been a decent fit onto the team. 

3. I guess they all do

4. This one I think is the main talking point. Why is it overvalued? 

6 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

right. good points. 

1. I would say Kuzmenko and Hronek are skilled. the others on that list provided are question marks for me. Beau is decent, but I don't think he's on the same level skill wise as Kuzmenko. 

2. We don't know. Kratsov is just starting to get some practices under his belt right? Räty is mostly with Abbotsford (not sure how long he will remain with the big club). Bear is decent and has been a decent fit onto the team. 

3. I guess they all do

4. This one I think is the main talking point. Why is it overvalued? 

I remember being younger and being passionate about seeing the next generation of players. I think it is a large factor in what keeps the league interesting but also what I would term a "boys club" this is not a rags to riches sport like soccer which provides at least an iota of opportunity. These players are vetted and groomed. Just think of all the wonderful players who never had a chance to show their potential. Perhaps Malcolm Gladwell has tainted my perception haha.

Edited by TripleSedins

22 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Shutdown d men are cheaper to get in FA and they have less value. We could get a shut down D paired with Hughes and Hronek paired with OEL, pushing Myers down to bottom pairing where he belong with Bear. I still think Canucks could get another young dman from a Boeser trade 

Top 4 pairing shutdown D- men are hard to get as well.

That's why the Marino's, Peeke's and Tanev's are coveted players.

It's seems like the junior systems are focusing on puck moving than pure defensive roles

Just now, TripleSedins said:

I remember being younger and being passionate about seeing the next generation of players. I think it is a large factor in what keeps the league interesting but also what I would term a "boys club" this is not a rags to riches sport like soccer which provides opportunity. These players are vetted and groomed. Just think of all the wonderful players who never had a chance to show their potential.

For the most part, the cream rises to the top. 

There’s a ton of testing/evaluations throughout a hockey players career. 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

For the most part, the cream rises to the top. 

There’s a ton of testing/evaluations throughout a hockey players career. 

Absolutely it is crazy and the players at the top blow my mind with their level of skill. Fun to watch! 

• Cheers 1