The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 06, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Here's my concern if the team goes on a run now:

-  Last year the team went on a run and the result was Management thought all our problems were solved and we didn't need any defensive changes.

-  We don't need management drawing the same incorrect conclusions... this team needs more improvements on the Defensive side... Hronek is not enough.

-  We need to find a big defensive D to pair with Hughes... that should still be the first priority... if it means trading some guys, then so be it.

-  We cannot expect Demko to stand on his head every night and drive himself to exhaustion and injuries again... like he did last year.  We need to have a better set of D in front of him so he can pace himself and stay healthy.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Of course I don’t want them to mail it in, but at the same time I’m not gonna celebrate meaningless victories when the pressures off.

I would like to see them manage the roster better though. Delia needs to be back in next game and they need to stop playing Hughes so much.

So were miserable losing all season and now can't feel good when they play well and win?

Everyone knows that each win puts them further up the standings........we have zero impact on the outcome of games, so why not enjoy feeling good about the team for awhile?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Of course I don’t want them to mail it in, but at the same time I’m not gonna celebrate meaningless victories when the pressures off.

I would like to see them manage the roster better though. Delia needs to be back in next game and they need to stop playing Hughes so much.

No professional franchise is going to do what you are hoping. Pinch yourself because I think your dreaming.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Provost said:

We go on a good run to end a season again, people fall for it and ignore the evidence of their own eyes  believing the team is actually good.

Yay for not getting top ten picks!  Those are way over rated anyways. 

Hope we are much smarter now otherwise...

brsaf2.gif

Just now, EdgarM said:

No professional franchise is going to do what you are hoping. Pinch yourself because I think your dreaming.

Except every other tanking team is managing their roster right now in case you hadn’t noticed. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

So were miserable losing all season and now can't feel good when they play well and win?

Everyone knows that each win puts them further up the standings........we have zero impact on the outcome of games, so why not enjoy feeling good about the team for awhile?

They blew a two goal lead again. They didn’t play well.

Saturday they played well but that’s one good game out of like 10.

Sorry for wanting to set the bar higher than being satisfied with garbage time wins.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

26 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

This is such a confusing time of year. I feel guilty for enjoying wins!

But knowing that we're winning despite icing a pretty weak roster because we have a few of the best players in the league who don't know how to lose is damn encouraging. Bedard Shmedard, we already have our superstars!

But seriously, can we also have Bedard please?

Meh ... Canucks were also winning games latter part of that season. I didn't translate to anything this year

I don't care about "character building" wins late in the season if it doesn't carry over the beginning of the next 

Why is it whining to point out that we literally do the same thing every season and get nowhere?

Sorry for not being gullible…

I know you’re frustrated, so I’m not going to antagonize you, or take the bait on being gullible ::D

• Vintage 1

They blew a two goal lead again. They didn’t play well.

Saturday they played well but that’s one good game out of like 10.

Sorry for wanting to set the bar higher than being satisfied with garbage time wins.

Its on you if you can't see how this team is playing differently. This is not about wins and losses, this is how they are playing now as opposed to pre-Tocchet.

I think Tocchet has turned the team around to a certain extent.

They are playing better defensively... including the forwards.

And of course, Demko back healthy and rested has made a huge difference.

But he can't change the fact the team is overall weak on the back end... too small to break up the cycle and not defensively smart to anticipate the way the game flows.

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Oh we are bad ... We are so bad we can't even suck properly 

Fortunately , we have been ridding ourselves of the members of the loser club. This team will continue to get better as we trim the fat.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I think Tocchet has turned the team around to a certain extent.

They are playing better defensively... including the forwards.

And of course, Demko back healthy and rested has made a huge difference.

But he can't change the fact the team is overall weak on the back end... too small to break up the cycle and not defensively smart to anticipate the way the game flows.

The necessary "Changes" are not finished yet. Benning left some "presents" for this group.