The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 14, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Trade all the non-entry level players for prospects.  Trade all the prospects for picks.  Trade all the picks for future picks.  Trade all the future picks for “down” for more picks later in the draft.

Draft the entire 2027 7th round.

Profit.

you forgot pay all decent Rookies at least as much as your best players. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Trade all the non-entry level players for prospects.  Trade all the prospects for picks.  Trade all the picks for future picks.  Trade all the future picks for “down” for more picks later in the draft.

Draft the entire 2027 7th round.

Profit.

50 more years of losing ... that's what we're used to ... Lol ;)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

you forgot pay all decent Rookies at least as much as your best players. 

I wanted to multi quote this. I think the problems with our team is the values attached to contracts for many years. just cause we love a hughes or a petty or milsy doesnt mean they are worth a f**ked up contract like OEL, Myers, Errikson, Luongo

19 hours ago, swimsWithDucks said:

Jesus.... when will you people learn? It's the same thing last year and the year before that. We win all the games at seasons end and #$!t the bed when next season starts. 

Its the same pony ride year in and year out and you guys are still complacent on being made an idiot. My God... have some self respect people

You realize that people enjoying watching entertaining hockey, doesnt effect what happens in the game right? Im just here for the ride as much as id like bedard even if we were top 5. The chances for us are slim. But keep complaining to hockey fourm users if that enjoys you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

You realize that people enjoying watching entertaining hockey, doesnt effect what happens in the game right? Im just here for the ride as much as id like bedard even if we were top 5. The chances for us are slim. But keep complaining to hockey fourm users if that enjoys you.

Thanks Man, I feel the same way. Not concerned abouit current season. we are just dead but what about our cap? Why so many looser contracts? I mean, you can be a hockey game fan but at some point you say, who the f**k is the f**king accountant who f**ked us over

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Who knows.  I let the GMs worry about cap.  They figure things out one way or another. And who cares about whether our cap is higher than those in the playoffs. It wouldn't be the first time that happened for many teams. Aquilini can spend his money as he sees fit.

There is nothing any of us can do about cap, and much of our speculation on our or other teams' cap comes to naught anyways.

I have no idea about any talk about Demko and Miller in regards to a Bedard trade.   Trade talk has about as much value as cap talk, IMO.

yeah, cap right? like cap dont matter if your owner can afford over cap? you must be one of those I am gonna call my lawyer guys.

3 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

at least the DLC avitar is cute. but I hate bitching at that one

@-DLC- is pretty cute. She’s a MILF. 

Don’t bitch at her. 

You’ll know the definition of ‘bitch’ real quick if you do, my friend. 

:lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

@-DLC- is pretty cute. She’s a MILF. 

Don’t bitch at her. 

You’ll know the definition of ‘bitch’ real quick if you do, my friend. 

:lol:

lol its just a bot or even if its a real person they dont understand how a canucks fan would value Boeser over Millar dollar per dollar. Brock is the peterson from 4 years ago. Millar is the on the way outs guy.

The MILF can go with Millar as long as we keep the youth

• RoughGame 2

3 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

lol its just a bot or even if its a real person they dont understand how a canucks fan would value Boeser over Millar dollar per dollar. Brock is the peterson from 4 years ago. Millar is the on the way outs guy.

The MILF can go with Millar as long as we keep the youth

I think Boeser has a better chance of getting to 99 points this year or next than Millar. I love Millar and he has rebounded, but Brock is slow, steady, and gaining shit that he is past due.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

I think Boeser has a better chance of getting to 99 points this year or next than Millar. I love Millar and he has rebounded, but Brock is slow, steady, and gaining shit that he is past due.

I am pretty sure brock is a natural person and JT is an influenced person. both might be successful under Toccet. But who they play with is a scramble. Boeser is playing with the cheap lines. And Millar is playing with hot lines. I am a bit pissed the only time they mix is on the Power Play.

22 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

You are obviously trolling this board.

Get serious therapy. 

All the best. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why would we buyout Myers? After his bonus is paid in July he will have trade value. We could dumperoo his full cap. 

Could go either way.

Any new team would have to be willing to have one year of 6 mill in cap space dumperooed on them, for a D who ain't worth that.  And might throw a wrench into their other plans. But he's a D who's size makes up for a lot of deficiencies and brain farts. He is still worth something so I suppose a team could still be interested in swallowing that if they can come to a more reasonable contract extension to continue after that for a few more seasons.

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/tyler-myers

Buying him out would cost Aqua $666,667 over two seasons

And we'd save $333,333 off the cap next season. Not that much but probably appreciated.

Either way we could get rid of Myers.  Question is the cap savings worth more than what we could get for him. With his age at 33 and his cap hit maybe no more than a 4th rounder?

Third option is that we manage next season still with Myers.  Aquilini might rather just pay the 1 mill left and wait it out. Depends if we can improve more on D and still afford his cap for one season. That way, because of Hronek also, both he and OEL can play less minutes next season. They'd both maybe benefit from that. (Well, the team would anyways.) Then Myers is gone naturally and OELs buyout is more palatable after one more season.

I have no idea what's happening with Myers.