The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Mar. 26, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Come on now that’s some strong kool aid.

Im hopeful we can get there but this roster is far from complete. Right now we’re beating teams that are either trying to lose or have taken their foot off the gas.

Big offseason ahead for management. They still got some heavy lifting to do.

Yep.

They've arrived in camp the last 3 years in some awful condition.

But I'm thinking that Trooper Rick will sort that shit out this summer.

If he can, we're play-off bound.

26 minutes ago, Canucks_fo_life said:

None of this garbage will matter when they start the season 2-7-1 next season, also all the people happy about these wins are ok with being mediocre and not having any star players on their team, the top 5 in this draft are star players, something the Canucks roster does not have right now

All That Magic GIF by Nickelodeon

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Petey is NOT comfortable in interviews...he is our sniper superstar. JT is our spokesman. I'm ok with that.

Yeah, I have the feeling that the captaincy might not be a good fit with Petey. I dunno if Miller will be the next captain or not (it seems like Hughes is emerging as a bit of a dark horse candidate), but I think what's best for Petey is to just let him play for now.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

That's your take. Only.

And that crap about "teams trying to lose or with their foot off the gas". That's also your take.

It's a dangerous game and teams know that. Start to float/coast and those habits can set in pretty quickly. 

We're not as far off as you think. Tocchet's a big driver in that...these guys have to work hard and that pays off. 

He's holding them accountable. No one gets a free pass. 

Bruce was too nice with some of them and it didn't work out with this group this yr. Was fine last yr because TG got fired and players were on notice. 

• Like 3

Great victory tonight - perhaps, should they be mathematically out, they should continue to push all the players till season's end -  give us hope for next year and indicate to the fans that they play with focus regardless of the situation.

Looking at the current point standings - we will probably finishing 12th - don't think they will catch Nashville Calgary - also Ottawa and Florida will also be pretty tough as they actually have to make a run having given up their first rounder this year.

If lucky to win the lottery at 12th, Michkov or Fantil are very nice prospects to consider