The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, 7PM PST / 10PM EST, at Rogers Arena, why? Knock Out the Flames

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

19 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Sure, that's reasonable to an extent, but it's also a narrower approach than considering all potential possibilities.

To an extent? Yeah I don't agree with that. It's fine to concider the complexity of a situation, but a person should be judged on their words and actions. In Provs case he's being judged on the information provided and his own words, which was relegion. I think it would be unreasonable to start over analyzing something based on hypotheticals, but you do you.

Kuzmenkos situation should be reviewed independently, and so far the reason given was family concerns. If he does start pushing the spotlight onto himself tonight, or changes his tune to relegion I may change my opinion as well. But for now, while I think it's a shame, I understand Kuzmenkos concern about protecting his family. It's evident that the leadership in Russia is capable of horrific war crimes, so who knows what danger a player could be in if they acted or spoke out of line.

I have made my opinion on this clear, if you are opting out due to religious reasons I think that's unacceptable. I recognize that the situation becomes far more complicated when Russia is involved.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

What does it mean to be a true Canuck fan? In the end, it's just your opinion. Based on your standards. I find it funny that you think you get to decide what is and isn't a true Canuck fan based on how people react and post. I think everyone has a right to be a true Canuck fan. Is there a book somewhere I can read that talks about what a true canuck fan is?

Rocket-68:

Sassy The Hobbit GIF

"You are not a true Canuck fan like me!"

Lighten up, 4 out of 5 psychiatrist recommending removing the giant log from one's rectum before posting in a GDT and certainly before watching a game. 

I am not deciding anything but certainly have decided your posts are most amusing.

Edited by Rocket-68

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

How about we focus on the number of players who have to decided to do it rather than talk about the one who didn't. 

Because that's not how the world works. When something differs from the norm it becomes a point of conversation.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And you’re the one clearly lacking a spine.

Canucks fans call out every other teams player who won’t wear it and then say It’s fine when one of our players won’t. Typical. :rolleyes:

You’re making the same point I made. I literally just said if Kuzmenko played for another team people here would be calling for his head but because he’s ours he’s getting a pass. 

Difference is I supported the other players who simply said ‘no’ just like I support Kuzmenko. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Because that's not how the world works. When something differs from the norm it becomes a point of conversation.

Ya but do any of us really know what's going on with him and should we be making criticisms or comments? I just think when it comes to situations like this people just have to search for a negative when really the whole team except one is doing it. Search for the positives is all I am saying.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Lighten up, 4 out of 5 psychiatrist recommending removing the giant log from one's rectum before posting in a GDT and certainly before watching a game. 

I am not deciding anything but certainly have decided your posts are most amusing.

I think you’re referring to a proctologist not psychiatrist. This is the guy you should be recommending…

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I can understand that certain players' families could be affected by deciding to put on the jersey. But what the heck was Reimer's excuse? What weird, archaic religion is he involved in?

methodist church. If your interest Daniel Wagner has spoke out about Reimer and it's interesting. He was raised methodist but has changed his ways when it realized how stupid feeling pity towards others is, and now fully supports the LGTBQ community and pride events.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I can understand that certain players' families could be affected by deciding to put on the jersey. But what the heck was Reimer's excuse? What weird, archaic religion is he involved in?

Again it's one person and the rest of the team did participate. It's really none of our business as to why as we shouldn't act like we know either. Do any of us know him personally? Likely not. We all have to be respectful human beings in the end. I just feel a lot of hate is brought on when these discussions continue in the way they do.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya but do any of us really know what's going on with him and should we be making criticisms or comments? I just think when it comes to situations like this people just have to search for a negative when really the whole team except one is doing it. Search for the positives is all I am saying.

But it is a negative. The whole team doing it, Quinn speaking publically about its importance, the awesome jerseys, those are all fantastic and should be recognized. But addressing a situation like this isn't searching for a negative, it's just not burying your head in the sand. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

I think you’re referring to a proctologist not psychiatrist. This is the guy you should be recommending…

Nope, had it right the first time, but this works as well LOL

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And you’re the one clearly lacking a spine.

Canucks fans call out every other teams player who won’t wear it and then say It’s fine when one of our players won’t. Typical. :rolleyes:

Not all Canucks fans call out other teams players for not wearing pride jerseys. 

I would guess the fans that tend not to call out other team’s players are also willing to support Kuzmenko’s right to make his own decision. 

• Cheers 1