The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes, April 13, 2023, Mullett Arena, 7PM PST (10PM EST), Last Chance at 8th Place Game

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

Will JT Miller Still be a Canucks Next Season?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, HKSR said:

No kidding.  Enough is enough.  The guy is a 40 goal scorer in his first NHL season.  It's not like he's terribly lazy or anything.  His offense more than makes up for any slight defensive shortcomings.  

This was Tortorella-esque coaching…& everyone knows how I feel about that guy. 

I don’t think the group skating on the ice in this game needs tough love or core-busting. Why not just let their motivations come from an obvious place on this last league game day? 

Kuzy infront of the net on the 1st PP unit instead of Di Giuseppe was no sacrifice. Why not do it? For the power struggle apparently & sending Kuzmenko off with negative feelings to mend over the summer,  not because he deserved them - but power-mongers like to take people down a notch. Bully coaching, good luck with that.

Model your coaching after Tortorella & last as long as he does in most markets. 

Glad that Garland got a hatty - but also calling Tocchet out. I’ll pass on wanting to be a fly on the wall at your exit meeting with that once happy-faced Russian. If we are unhappy for him, he has a beef.

Reminds me a lot of the treatment Dale Weiss got from John Tortorella before he was moved & set free to play some pretty dynamic play-off hockey for the Montreal Canadians. 

Players are people too & their NHL rookie seasons are special & just come around once. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1
  • There it is 1

6 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

That's ridiculous of a statement as I ever heard. I'll take a good, system minded coach over any individual player, there are a dime a dozen sub 6 million dollar wingers in the NHL but only a couple of dozen truly elite coaches. 

He also not using his players correctly. Digiseuppe should be no where near a 1st line. Might as well use Studnicka with Petey. You can coach defensive structure without playing 4th liners on the 1st line. Then playing Kuzmenko who has 39 goals, the most on the team on the 4th line with Dries. Not using him on the 1st PP. Not playing him in OT. These are the idiotic decisions that will result in our team missing playoffs again. 

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

This was Tortorella-esque coaching…& everyone knows how I feel about that guy. 

I don’t think the group skating on the ice in this game needs tough love or core-busting. Why not just let their motivations come from an obvious place on this last league game day? 

Kuzy infront of the net on the 1st PP unit instead of Di Giuseppe was no sacrifice. Why not do it? For the power struggle apparently & sending Kuzmenko off with negative feelings to mend over the summer,  not because he deserved them - but power-mongers like to take people down a notch. Bully coaching, good luck with that.

Model your coaching after Tortorella & last as long as he does in most markets. 

Glad that Garland got a hatty - but also calling Tocchet out. I’ll pass on wanting to be a fly on the wall at your exit meeting with that once happy-faced Russian. If we are unhappy for him, he has a beef.

Reminds me a lot of the treatment Dale Weiss got from John Tortorella before he was moved & set free to play some pretty dynamic hockey in for the Montreal Canadians.

Players are people too & their rookie seasons are special & only come around once. 

Well said.  As a collective,  we are a pretty knowledgeable fanbase.  If Kuzmenko is truly that big of an issue defensively,  then surely one of us would have seen it and identified it for the rest of us.  This is clearly a personality clash or like you mentioned a power struggle.