To Vancouver:

Adam Lowry  - Center - 3.25 mil through 2025-26

To Winnipeg

Aiden McDonough

Jack Rathbone

2023 3rd round pick

2024 4th round pick

---------

We would first have to move one of our many trade bait wingers, Boeser/Garland/Beau. I'll leave Myers off that list for now, I'd rather trade him for assets at the TDL.

Lowry addresses a couple of our glaring holes. Size and toughness, and his ability to play a solid 3rd line centre role. 

Winnipeg is in shambles, and nobody would be surprised to see a major house cleaning. I don't think Lowry will be very high on the list of players Winnipeg will WANT to trade, but if the return is there, they would have to at least consider it. With the uncertainty of Hellebuyck after next year, on top of Wheeler/Schiefle there is going to be some big changes ahead for the Jets.

McDonough gives them the potential of replacing that 3rd line C spot in the future, while adding another future option on the back end. I think market value on Lowry would be maybe a 2nd round pick plus a B prospect, but I'd rather keep the 2nd and explore some of our "prospects" I don't see panning out.

Lowry also has a NTC, but it's only a 6 team list. I'd have to imagine Vancouver would not be one of those 6 teams. 

Current lineup with Lowry barring any other major changes. For shits sake I'll pretend we managed to move Connor Garland, though I think Boeser is more likely. 

Kuzmenko - Petey - Mikheyev 

Podkolzin - Miller - Boeser 

PDG/Hoglander - Lowry - Joshua

PDG/Hoglander - Aman - Dries

Still holes I would like to see adressed. I think capable top 6 winger, and 4th line gritty winger short still.

I would rather not have to see Studnika or Dries in the NHL. In a perfect world PDG is the extra forward, or in the A as well. 

I would like to see Hoglander land a spot in the top 6, but I just don't see a realistic fit. I'd entertain offers on him this offseason.

That's without getting into the dumpster fire on the back end.

Anyways. Adam Lowry. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

McD is a career winger. 
Winnipeg is perfect team to be talking with about a shakeup. 
They definitely would not be interested in Myers. Been there, had enough of that. 

He's listed as a C/LW, either way, him and Rathbone are just sweeteners with the picks. 

Like I said in the OP, both have some value, but not pieces that seem to fit anywhere for us.

No, they'll have no interest in Myers, which is why I didn't include him. 

6 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

He's listed as a C/LW, either way, him and Rathbone are just sweeteners with the picks. 

Like I said in the OP, both have some value, but not pieces that seem to fit anywhere for us.

No, they'll have no interest in Myers, which is why I didn't include him. 

Just don’t think we are at a point that we should be trading pics and prospects for 30 year olds. 
I think we should probably look at trading Boner to give him a chance. I think McD is big and had a fairly physical game. That is something we need desperately. 

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Just don’t think we are at a point that we should be trading pics and prospects for 30 year olds. 
I think we should probably look at trading Boner to give him a chance. I think McD is big and had a fairly physical game. That is something we need desperately. 

3rd and 4th round picks being moved are the least of the potential problems we're going to have if management thinks we're competing next year.

We have a massive hole at C, especially on that 3rd line. We're undersized in both height and weight when you compare our roster across the league. 

We need some more pushback, it was pretty clear last year that other than Schenn it was non existent. 

Like I said in the OP Boeser/Garland/Beau at least one of them needs to go, just to make us cap compliant. 

If you're expecting McD to be a career winger, he fits even less on this roster moving forwards. We have no need for another winger. 

I didn't see any of the physicality you saw in McD last year. Lowry ticks all the boxes in the bottom 6 that we're looking for. 

You can't run a team of only 25 year olds, there needs to be some mix. 

Lowry has the ability to move around the lineup too, anywhere from 2nd-4th. He's a 10-15 goal guy, and 15-20 assists. So he brings more to the table than just a guy who throws bombs. 

I would much rather give up the package listed, than pay a guy like Barbashev more money to do less.

Lowry is also great on the dot, ranging anywhere from 50-57% in faceoffs the past handful of years. 

We need a C capable of playing both ends of the ice, winning draws, and playing match up.

He also kills penalties, and can go toe to toe with guys like Ryan Reaves. 

I’d go hard after Adam Lowry.  He would be a perfect 3C for us and would be a Tocchet favourite.  I could see Winnipeg blowing it up this summer. PLD I think will be traded to Montreal.  And they will look to move all their upcoming UFA’s as well I think.

Not sure they would have interest in Rathbone or McDonough, but we could maybe look at a bigger deal with them involving a defenceman as well.  I like Brenden Dillon on who can be our 3 LHD and first unit PK’er.  Lowry and Dillon would be two great additions to our team and make us much bigger so we can play Tocchet hockey.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/30/2023 at 1:27 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

I’d go hard after Adam Lowry.  He would be a perfect 3C for us and would be a Tocchet favourite.  I could see Winnipeg blowing it up this summer. PLD I think will be traded to Montreal.  And they will look to move all their upcoming UFA’s as well I think.

Not sure they would have interest in Rathbone or McDonough, but we could maybe look at a bigger deal with them involving a defenceman as well.  I like Brenden Dillon on who can be our 3 LHD and first unit PK’er.  Lowry and Dillon would be two great additions to our team and make us much bigger so we can play Tocchet hockey.  

Yeah, I'd be super interested in Dillon as well. Good replacement for Schenn, with a little more mobility. 

I'd love for this trade to happen, or nearly any trade we make to bring Lowry here. I'm a big Lowry fan, he's easily one of my favorite player to watch on the Jets. I just don't see Chevy being interested in moving him. Especially since, after these last playoffs, the word out of the Jets locker room and among the coaching staff is that Lowry is the current front runner to wear the C for the Jets next season.

But one thing working in our favor, at staying off his no trade list at least, is that his dad is coaching for the Kraken now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

I'd love for this trade to happen, or nearly any trade we make to bring Lowry here. I'm a big Lowry fan, he's easily one of my favorite player to watch on the Jets. I just don't see Chevy being interested in moving him. Especially since, after these last playoffs, the word out of the Jets locker room and among the coaching staff is that Lowry is the current front runner to wear the C for the Jets next season.

But one thing working in our favor, at staying off his no trade list at least, is that his dad is coaching for the Kraken now.

Yeah I feel this too. I think among all the issue the Jets have, Lowry isn't one of them. 

All accounts I've heard is he is great on and off the ice. Would be super open to getting him in as our 3C and I agree Winnipeg are in a problem state at the moment, but he doesn't feel like one of the guys to get moved easily. 

I like the idea of a Rathbone, McD and a pick trade though.

• Like 1