The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ECF] Carolina Hurricanes (M1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Panthers win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/2023 at 12:00 AM

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Only way Miller to Carolina makes any sense for the Canes is if he was not extended. 

That still leaves the trade making no sense for Vancouver cause we don’t need Kotkaniemi coming back the other way. 

Agreed. If Miller was traded to the Canes, I want something much better return than JK +. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

Agreed. If Miller was traded to the Canes, I want something much better return than JK +. 

I think JK was one of the best Canes in the series and us probably their best two way C.  One for one is unlikely......I'd take their first and Morrow with JK and be very happy about it.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I think JK was one of the best Canes in the series and us probably their best two way C.  One for one is unlikely......I'd take their first and Morrow with JK and be very happy about it.

Ooof bad take, Kotkaniemi was ok, far from one of their best players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'd have to see at least another full season or more of JK playing at a consistent level before I'd make any deal with him involved. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

I think I just see a little deeper than you, but that's ok.  

He had one secondary assist. Even Chatfield who you said was awful had a goal. 

But you call Necas a replaceable player so your take is a tad skewed :lol:

• Cheers 1

Just now, BarnBurner said:

I'd have to see at least another full season or more of JK playing at a consistent level before I'd make any deal with him involved. 

I think he's finding his zone.  I agree, I'd want more than Jk in the deal.  $4m in cap space is pretty nice though 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

It's ok, you're a numbers guy.  All good.......I look a little deeper when I watch.  Both ways are fune

Just now, stawns said:

It's ok, you're a numbers guy.  All good.......I look a little deeper when I watch.  Both ways are fune

Not just a numbers guy, I just don’t see anything special about Kotkaniemi. And calling a 71 point player replaceable is beyond laughable. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

If we could land Necas+ in a deal for Miller, hell yeah! Necas over JK every day. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think he's finding his zone.  I agree, I'd want more than Jk in the deal.  $4m in cap space is pretty nice though 

We'll see if he's finding his zone. He had moments, but I'd at least want to see what that translates into next year before jumping to any conclusions.

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I would take that and run. No way Carolina does that, or finds Necas “replaceable” though. 

Necas is definitely not replaceable, and he was the one I thought the Canucks might draft the year they chose Petey. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not just a numbers guy, I just don’t see anything special about Kotkaniemi. And calling a 71 point player replaceable is beyond laughable. 

"Not a numbers guy"........uses stats to quantify a player

Just now, BarnBurner said:

Necas is definitely not replaceable, and he was the one I thought the Canucks might draft the year they chose Petey. 

I'd be happy with Necas if he came over, but Petey already does what Necas does.  

Carolina’s big guns didn’t do much, with only six players scoring and none of them more than once. Aho, Burns, Kotkaniemi, Necas, Staal, Drury and Gostisbehere failed to score. 

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but Carolina has been in the Conference Finals three times since 2009, and they were swept all three times. They are 0-12 in the third round. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

100 percent. I think people are still gaga over his draft position. I hardly notice him out there, and people want to trade JT for him! Forget it. Keep JT, watch the playoffs ffs. JT is a blessing and he is made for playoffs. I remember when the Rangers played the Kings in the final and I kept noticing this Miller guy. Never noticed this high pick guy from the Canes. I hope to hell we don't trade JT. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Curmudgeon said:

Carolina’s big guns didn’t do much, with only six players scoring and none of them more than once. Aho, Burns, Kotkaniemi, Necas, Staal, Drury and Gostisbehere failed to score. 

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but Carolina has been in the Conference Finals three times since 2009, and they were swept all three times. They are 0-12 in the third round. 

Yip. They need a guy like JT for sure. Oh, but look, so do we.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1