The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ECF] Carolina Hurricanes (M1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Panthers win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/2023 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, stawns said:

"Not a numbers guy"........uses stats to quantify a player

Used stats to prove he wasn’t “one of their best players” 

He was ok. He’s not great enough defensively to offset only having a secondary assist either. 

Hell even Necas didn’t have a great series. But he is far from a replaceable player. 

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

Nothing wrong with having two Petey's. 

I don't disagree and I like Necas, a lot.  He's pretty one dimensional though and when the offense gets turned off, he's pretty invisible.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Yip. They need a guy like JT for sure. Oh, but look, so do we.

Not really.........they're 3-4 years from being where the Canes, Avs, Knights etc are at.  By then Miller won't be the player he is niw

I don't disagree and I like Necas, a lot.  He's pretty one dimensional though and when the offense gets turned off, he's pretty invisible.

7 points this playoffs with top minutes. No way I trade JT for Necas. He's ok, but not what we need moving forward. We need nore JT and less softys.

• Cheers 2

Not really.........they're 3-4 years from being where the Canes, Avs, Knights etc are at.  By then Miller won't be the player he is niw

Our window is now, like in the next 3 years, like it or not. We have Demko, Hughes, EP, JT in his prime. No way I trade JT now. Especially for softys.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

7 points this playoffs with top minutes. No way I trade JT for Necas. He's ok, but not what we need moving forward. We need nore JT and less softys.

For what end?  They're not truly competing anytime soon.  

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

For sure. But I'd take Necas+ over JK+ as part of that trade any day. We shouldn't be trading JT despite some people are bent on doing. He's the type of player every team needs, including us, despite "his age." 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, BarnBurner said:

For sure. But I'd take Necas+ over JK+ as part of that trade any day. We shouldn't be trading JT despite some people are bent on doing. He's the type of player every team needs, including us, despite "his age." 

I just wouldn't. Those players do nothing for me. 

Yup exactly this. 

And to clarify I don’t want to trade JT anymore unless someone offers something too good to refuse. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

Fair enough. I'd take Petey over either, any day. I have always preferred players with an edge

I think our management, who have some cup rings, and our coaching staff, who have cup rings, agree.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yup exactly this. 

And to clarify I don’t want to trade JT anymore unless someone offers something too good to refuse. 

It would have to be a deal "too good to refuse" if they trade JT, otherwise, keep him. He offers an element every winning team needs, especially with coach like Tocchet. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

It would have to be a deal "too good to refuse" if they trade JT, otherwise, keep him. He offers an element every winning team needs, especially with coach like Tocchet. 

That's how I feel. If it's a deal you can't pass up, heck, any of our players should be considered. I just don't see Necas or K moving any needles on the roster like JT does.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

The Canucks

Can't agree. Our window is now. The next four seasons we have Hughes locked up and Demko for most of that. Demko on a value contract. The window, not well timed, like it or not, is now. The core pieces to make a run are here, including JT. Just gotta keep doing what they can to infill the support cast. 

Edited by rekker
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

Can't agree. Our window is now. The next four seasons we have Hughes locked up and Demko for most of that. Demko on a value contract. The window, not well timed, like it or not, is now. The core pieces to make a run are here, including JT. Just gotta keep doing what they can to infill the support cast. 

You think they are in their window?  Well, that's not going to end well.

• There it is 1

Hurricanes are a lot closer to Stanley cup than us so they might be more desperate to make a deal for a player like JT

maybe JT for KK Morrow 1st

edit: then we trade 11th, canes 1st and 3rd for Leo Carlsson

leaving us with petey Leo and kk down middle

one can dream

Edited by mordekai