The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interesting note from Steve Simmons today about who will replace Cheech

Rate this topic

On 6/4/2023 at 12:26 PM, Gurn said:

The difference is he is not covering this team.

If he does cover this team, and discovers a story or trouble on the Canucks, he could risk Cammi's job by saying anything.- or he doesn't say anything and deprives the fans of important news.

Given a choice of depriving fans of info, or being responsible for getting your wife fired- which one would you pick?

Game announcers don't break "news" that's not their job. They get the game notes from the team, and go from there. The only news they might break is that a player's lower body injury is really a high ankle sprain. It's the beat reporters jobs to break the news.

5 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Game announcers don't break "news" that's not their job. They get the game notes from the team, and go from there. The only news they might break is that a player's lower body injury is really a high ankle sprain. It's the beat reporters jobs to break the news.

Ask Kevin Brown, the Orioles announcer, just what happens when saying  anything the team doesn't like.-even when it is 100% factual.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Really?  He kinda reminds me of Rintoul instead.  :ph34r:

I can see that a little bit too, with the big exception being that Rorschach looks and acts sinister.  I just can't imagine anything about Rintoul ever being thought of as sinister.  Ferraro on the other hand.......Weeeell GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Captain Canuck #12