The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2023-24

canuck2xtreme

12 hours ago, arby18_ said:

OFFERSHEET: The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed Daniil Miromanov to a two-year offersheet.

small.png: Daniil Miromanov - Two-year offersheet worth $2,670,000 dollars ($1.335m per season).

--------------------------------------

COMPENSATION: No compensation

--------------------------------------

@Sergei Bobrovsky and the Nashville Predators have 7 days to match the offersheet.

----------------------------------

arby18_ AGENCY

Match

• Like 1
  • There it is 2

12 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

Hey all. So when @Relyt Krets approached me last fall about returning to the league I told him I didn't think I could keep up with a second league right now - I can't for the life of me comprehend how some of you do 3 or 4 leagues - and I asked if I could apply to be an AGM, to which I was told that's not typically something GML does. So I reluctantly accepted a GM position, and now I failed to qualify Daniil Tarasov and lost him to free agency, and didn't even notice it happened until 2 or 3 weeks later.

So I need a break from trying to run my own team right now, but would still be interested in an AGM position to learn the ropes if anyone would have me. Little bit of a C.V. here: I'm still pretty new to this style of league (although have been in-depth armchair GMing and winning hockey pools for decades). With some help from a couple buddies we took the CDCFL Sharks from 21st place when we took over to 4th in our first year and 3rd in our second year (both 2nd round playoff exits so far though), while still improving a shallow prospect pool. Branching off on my own I took over two GML teams that were in pretty rough shape and in the span of a few months turned them into pretty desirable franchises.

Strengths:

- my main interest is in prospects and the draft. I follow the draft-eligible prospects very closely every year, so I like to think I'm good at the draft, but anyone else has access to Bob McKenzie and all sorts of other sources anyway. I like to think I come to have a pretty good grasp on a lot of the prospects each year and why they might succeed or fail, so oftentimes a couple years out from the draft I might be better able than others to contextualize why prospect A has struggled to produce at X level but still looks like a good NHL prospect, or vice versa why prospect B has been lighting up Y league but might not translate so well to higher levels.

- creative problem solving - I love to go looking through team sheets, trying to understand what each team is trying to do, and finding the teams that could be a fit for what my team needs to get done.

- I'm no mathemetician by a damn sight, but I try to stay as up-to-date as I can on developments in analytics.

Weaknesses:

- See the username; obviously I'm a lifelong stoner, so keeping up with deadlines and day-to-day operations can sometimes get the best of me. Sometimes players will be called up IRL and I don't notice and leave them in minors for weeks or months.

- Not really a people person; can tend to rub folks the wrong way and it can sometimes hinder trade negotiations. Another reason an AGM position would be good for me, as the GM can handle most negotiations with other GMs.

- Contracts and cap structure maybe not my specialty. My buddy Josh handles a lot of that for me in CDCFL I don't have a lot of patience and can go a little high-risk with the mentality that I can always problem-solve my way out of whatever conundrum I get myself in.

Lemme know via CDC or Discord if you think we might be a good fit.

If those who decide such things approve, we already have one AGM, I would be more than happy to have you as assistant GM.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

The Redwing place Jesse Puljujarvi on waivers with the intention on sending him to our minor league affiliate.

Damn he really fell off eh? .. At 1 time I thought for sure he was going to hit McDavids wing and really breakout

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

Damn he really fell off eh? .. At 1 time I thought for sure he was going to hit McDavids wing and really breakout

I gambled and lost. 

Apparently a wonderful guy, and good defensively, just couldn't contribute as hoped offensively.

• Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

image.png.8bb6762b001497c2abea447ed0d337b5.png

Could contain: Hockey, Ice Hockey, Ice Hockey Stick, Rink, Skating, Glove, Adult, Female, Person, Woman

Second van Riemsdyk brother, Trevor signs with Devils

The dog days of summer are upon us but the Devils remain active working the phones and scouting players.

New Jersey reached out to both James and Trevor van Riemsdyk this off season once Free Agency opened. Putting time into the process with much back and forth involved to ensure each brother's expectations were met and compensated fairly has paid off in both Jersey boys signing to play in their hometown.

Trevor, a veteran of over 500 games reached career highs this past season in goals ( 7 ) and points ( 23 ) while establishing himself as a dependable defenseman who can be relied upon in all situations. 

The Devils will have openings at both forward and defense in Camp, bringing Trevor to the organization helps solidify the position moving forward.

We must be doing something right.. Devils (defending champs) out here trying their best to replicate our brother model :ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2023 at 11:28 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Edmonton Oilers have made a trade with the Chicago Blackhawks.

To CHI:

spacer.png Erik Brannstrom

To EDM:

spacer.png Justus Annunen
spacer.png CHI 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection

Want to thank Surfer for the smooth negotiations.

Moving on from Justus was tough as we believe he has a good shot at becoming a key part of a NHL franchise and wish him nothing but the best. 

Chicago would like to welcome Erik! After watching him last season i saw flashes of what i think could be a highly productive 2nd pair dman. With his high entry denial rate and 15 points over his last 32 games i felt it was worth gambling on Brannstrom having a potential breakout season in 23-24. 

Joining what i'm hoping will be the most productive blueline the Hawks have iced since i took over, maybe we'll finally make the playoffs...

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

On 7/19/2023 at 10:48 PM, theo5789 said:

Probably sent him 3 updates already as well with Luke Hughes playing LD, RD and backup goalie

Honestly with his talent, Samsonov has been sweating a little bit. I think this is the hardest I've ever seen Samsonov work in the offseason. The Hughes effect is a real thing :ph34r:

• Wat 1

11 hours ago, Relyt Krets said:

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers Florida Panthers - Wikipedia have signed Fredrik Olofsson to a one year contract

Florida Panthers - Wikipedia - Fredrik Olofsson - 1 year x $775,000

--------------------------

Could contain: Logo, Dynamite, Weapon, Food, Ketchup

Assign to NHL 13th forward