The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2023-24

canuck2xtreme

On 7/19/2023 at 12:32 PM, MeanSeanBean said:

Got a message from Gator about joining the league, I guess that's Columbus? I'm interested, but will need to learn what it is you all are even doing here haha

If you're interested, shoot me a PM! Let's chat!

On 7/19/2023 at 8:38 PM, HighOnHockey said:

Hey all. So when @Relyt Krets approached me last fall about returning to the league I told him I didn't think I could keep up with a second league right now - I can't for the life of me comprehend how some of you do 3 or 4 leagues - and I asked if I could apply to be an AGM, to which I was told that's not typically something GML does. So I reluctantly accepted a GM position, and now I failed to qualify Daniil Tarasov and lost him to free agency, and didn't even notice it happened until 2 or 3 weeks later.

So I need a break from trying to run my own team right now, but would still be interested in an AGM position to learn the ropes if anyone would have me.

Feel free to find an A-GM position within the league, would be happy to keep you in the loop and maybe back to your own team down the line if you'd like. :)

• Like 2

Maple Leafs are in the market for an AGM.

What we want in an AGM.

1. Someone that will be actively trying to find us those hidden gems that have flown under the radar. If there's a player 20+ with talent that is unsigned, we want to know!

2. Someone with a good scouting background. Even though we are in our contention window, we are trying to keep our eyes on the future. Looking for a AGM that'll help us find those late round steals.

3. A person that is as motivated as I am to keep Toronto among the top teams in GML. I would prefer to not have to do a full rebuild again, and I want someone with the same mindset that can help me execute it

4. Must have a good hockey mind and see the obvious... McDavid > Gretzky

• Vintage 1

14 hours ago, Gator said:

What we want in an AGM.

1. Someone that will be actively trying to find us those hidden gems that have flown under the radar. If there's a player 20+ with talent that is unsigned, we want to know!

2. Someone with a good scouting background. Even though we are in our contention window, we are trying to keep our eyes on the future. Looking for a AGM that'll help us find those late round steals.

3. A person that is as motivated as I am to keep Toronto among the top teams in GML. I would prefer to not have to do a full rebuild again, and I want someone with the same mindset that can help me execute it

4. Must have a good hockey mind and see the obvious... McDavid > Gretzky

You should let them know there is a succession plan with you leaving in 3 years 

14 hours ago, Gator said:

What we want in an AGM.

Gator needs someone to stop him from taking Dragicevic in the 1st round.

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

Just now, Caboose said:

Gator needs someone to stop him from taking Dragicevic in the 1st round.

I can't wait for him to prove you SOOO wrong lol.. I wasn't excited to get him, as he was a panicked pick after losing out on Gulyayev last second, but dude has elite offensive upside. Offensive Dmen are a premium in this league

• Like 2
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

and someone who can rollerpost depth charts, amiright?

Hearing GFL is awarding 1 point for every lineup post made in the thread :lol:

Edited by Gator
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2023 at 9:02 AM, canuck2xtreme said:

If you're interested, shoot me a PM! Let's chat!

Feel free to find an A-GM position within the league, would be happy to keep you in the loop and maybe back to your own team down the line if you'd like. :)

I believe having AGM's is a great idea for this league.

Not only does it help people learn the ropes, it helps add to the fun.

So far if I was the owner of the Redwings, I would sack me and hire HOH as GM.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I believe having AGM's is a great idea for this league.

Not only does it help people learn the ropes, it helps add to the fun.

So far if I was the owner of the Redwings, I would sack me and hire HOH as GM.

you have a unreal pipeline and a respected voice and impact around the league, adding HOH is going to make Detroit a serious threat. There's some terrible owners out there but even the worst could see you've been cookin up something big in Michigan

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

21 minutes ago, Sludge said:

you have a unreal pipeline and a respected voice and impact around the league, adding HOH is going to make Detroit a serious threat. There's some terrible owners out there but even the worst could see you've been cookin up something big in Michigan

Thanks for the kind words my friend, much appreciated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Vancouver Canucks have made a trade with the St. Louis Blues.

To STL:

spacer.png Isac Lundestrom

To VAN:

spacer.png STL 2025 3rd Round Draft Selection

4th team in like 2 months :lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Washington Capitals have made a trade with the Edmonton Oilers.

To WSH:

spacer.png Otto Koivula

To EDM:

spacer.png Mark Friedman

Sad to see Otto go!  For 3 years our best or 2knd best AHL forward. Due to finally get a fair share of time! Good luck brother! 

In our case it was a #'s game.  Even with Otto gone, we have excellent NHL/GML ready depth players at F on the West Coast Eagles. 3 more who received reasonable time last year. Perhaps Brandon Coe, Studenic, Brayden Tracey & Tyler Angle to join them. 

Yet with Aaron Ekblad expected to miss camp, part of the start to our season?  We needed at least some extra depth on D, so are grateful to receive Mark!

20 hours ago, Sludge said:

19 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Thanks for the kind words my friend, much appreciated.

I think it's a great fit, as I love the concept of a full-scale rebuild, but really don't think I'd have the patience for it myself. To be able to jump on board a couple years in with all the good work Ilunga has already done, it's still a long road ahead but feels like there's already some light at the end of the tunnel. We're working on getting on the same page for a big picture plan and coming up with some concrete ideas to execute.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1