The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canadiens re-sign Rafael Harvey-Pinard

5'9, 7th rounder that looked good in 34 games at 24 years of age. Solid show me deal. 82 games is a lot more than 34. One year show me deal isn't enough imo. Gotta put in the work. Good contract. Kid has played in Quebec all his life, doubt they're too worried about losing him to free agency if he proves he's decent.

7 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

5'9, 7th rounder that looked good in 34 games at 24 years of age. Solid show me deal. 82 games is a lot more than 34. One year show me deal isn't enough imo. Gotta put in the work. Good contract. Kid has played in Quebec all his life, doubt they're too worried about losing him to free agency if he proves he's decent.

The most important thing is that he massively improved his teammates' performance - Suzuki in particular.

3 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

The most important thing is that he massively improved his teammates' performance - Suzuki in particular.

He didn’t improve Suzuki’s performance. He was just able to cash in on the grade A setups Suzuki provided on a more consistent basis than the other AHL call-ups Montreal was forced to dress last season.  He made the most of his time on the top line. But make no mistake, Suzuki was the driving force. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He didn’t improve Suzuki’s performance. He was just able to cash in on the grade A setups Suzuki provided on a more consistent basis than the other AHL call-ups Montreal was forced to dress last season.  He made the most of his time on the top line. But make no mistake, Suzuki was the driving force. 

I stand corrected.  That chemistry is going to go a long way.

12 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I stand corrected.  That chemistry is going to go a long way.

Unless he can play either wing I doubt he’s going to see top line minutes on a healthy Canadiens team. Caufield is the top line LW. RHP may need to produce a little lower down the lineup.  It’s also going to depend on if they have Dach slotted in as the 2C or the 1RW. Montreal has several options at C going into the season with Suzuki, Dach, Monahan, Newhook , Dvorak,  Pitlick and Evans. 

it’s going to be really interesting seeing what MSL does with a healthy roster 

Edited by qwijibo