The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] CDCGFL 2023-24

Gator

Team Morale: Learn How It Works!

Could contain: Text

This is a picture of my GML team put through the team morale system. 

Green - exact date
yellow - within days
orange - good guess
red - complete guess

I will post a few scenerios to show you how it affects the team morale with a more seasoned team. Feel free to give me scenerios, and if I have the time I will run it through and post the results for you!

Could contain: Text, Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Texting

Edited by Gator

9 hours ago, Gator said:

Green - exact date
yellow - within days
orange - good guess
red - complete guess

I will post a few scenerios to show you how it affects the team morale with a more seasoned team. Feel free to give me scenerios, and if I have the time I will run it through and post the results for you!

Any penalties for changing the alternate captains?

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Any penalties for changing the alternate captains?

Not "as of now".. You can find penalty levels in the finals section of the CBA.. Will be looking at things to add to it as the year goes along.

Penalty level resets to 0 every year

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gator said:

Not "as of now".. You can find penalty levels in the finals section of the CBA.. Will be looking at things to add to it as the year goes along.

Penalty level resets to 0 every year

Agree with this. Teams rotate A's pretty regularly it seems.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Agree with this. Teams rotate A's pretty regularly it seems.

But does rotating the A mess up with morale and if they get the 5% bonus in the end? Right now, no effect on morale, but is there a certain time they need to be an A to qualify for the 5% bonus?

@Gator

Edited by theo5789

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

But does rotating the A mess up with morale and if they get the 5% bonus in the end? Right now, no effect on morale, but is there a certain time they need to be an A to qualify for the 5% bonus?

@Gator

Interesting, I guess that's something someone could do to cheat the system a little bit. 

4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

@Gator

You can only name your captain's once per year (offseason), and only way to be eligible for the boosts is if they're STILL on your team at the end of the season when the boosts are handed out

And no, changing assistants will not effect morale as of now. However I may make a rule giving a team a penalty for it. I am in the midst of thinking of things I could give the penalties for to spice that up a bit. I want everyone to try adapting to the team morale system as the year goes on because it will be a major factor in free agents decisions moving forward once it gets implemented.

There is a vote open on discord as well. If at any point of the season that hits 25 votes, it will be used in the offseason. So just keep that in mind as you go forward this season

Edited by Gator

4 minutes ago, Gator said:

You can only name your captain's once per year (offseason), and only way to be eligible for the boosts is if they're STILL on your team at the end of the season when the boosts are handed out

So since I've named my captains, I can't change it now? Damn I shouldn't have rushed my decision...

• Huggy Bear 2

11 hours ago, Gator said:

Green - exact date
yellow - within days
orange - good guess
red - complete guess

Also how seeding will affect it...

Going from 12 seed to 1 seed...

Could contain: Text, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware

Going from 12 seed to 32 seed...

Could contain: Text, Advertisement, Poster

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

So since I've named my captains, I can't change it now? Damn I shouldn't have rushed my decision...

I will allow for captain's to be changed up until OCT 1st (already gave another GM the ok), but only this year. In future it's once per season.

Also no teams will get a penalty level for changing this offseason

5 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I am hopeful that the system will be 'beta' this year and everything will reset starting July 1st 2024 if it gets the votes to go forward as a system that will affect GM's clubs going forward at that time. I am very interested in this system but the 'beta year' decisions should not in any way affect the real implementation year of say 24-25 season, so imo it should all reset next summer in the transition from Beta to Fully implemented.

reason: it is a radical idea that has never been tried so far as i know: and so decisions made in the 'is this even something that can work' year should not in any way cross over to a real working season of the morale system. SO yeah, i favour captains time/A's time as it affects the system being reset to zero on July 1st next year: clubs that keep their captain will then have every day from July 1st onwards lean into helping their team morale, but teams that appoint a captain for the year in September 2024 wont be too terribly handicapped for the next decade. that is my thought. 

Edited by Primal Optimist

3 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

I am hopeful that the system will be 'beta' this year and everything will reset starting July 1st 2024 if it gets the votes to go forward as a system that will affect GM's clubs going forward at that time. I am very interested in this system but the 'beta year' decisions should not in any way affect the real implementation year of say 24-25 season, so imo it should all reset next summer in the transition from Beta to Fully implemented.

reason: it is a radical idea that has never been tried so far as i know: and so decisions made in the 'is this even something that can work' year should not in any way cross over to a real working season of the morale system. SO yeah, i favour captains time/A's time as it affects the system being reset to zero on July 1st next year: clubs that keep their captain will then have every day from July 1st onwards lean into helping their team morale, but teams that appoint a captain for the year in September 2024 wont be too terribly handicapped for the next decade. that is my thought. 

Part of the beta is to gather enough data to truly justify using it in regards to reflecting free agents decisions. I said from the start to build as if it was being used. Things like tenure, and captain's tenure will play into it next year, and that includes what is accumulated from this season. 

Penalty levels reset each year, you reset your budgets every year, and it's up to you on how much you spend each year, and seeding also resets each year.. The only thing that reflects team morale that'll truly carry over into next year is the tenure (days) of players on your main roster.

The Vancouver Canucks would like to name the teams first pair of assistant captain's!

F Jared McCann

F Evander Kane

We believe both will bring good leadership to the group, and their boosts will hopefully be enough to propel us into the postseason!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gator said:

Part of the beta is to gather enough data to truly justify using it in regards to reflecting free agents decisions. I said from the start to build as if it was being used. Things like tenure, and captain's tenure will play into it next year, and that includes what is accumulated from this season. 

Penalty levels reset each year, you reset your budgets every year, and it's up to you on how much you spend each year, and seeding also resets each year.. The only thing that reflects team morale that'll truly carry over into next year is the tenure (days) of players on your main roster.

I understand that, my suggestion is based on the vast difference in experience here in this league. Some folks only joined their first fantasy keeper league 12 days before making their first pick and two weeks before picking a captain which is a major part of the morale system you want to use, and prior to you actually stating how the morale system would work, the formula. I think the 'dry run' year ought to be just that: a dry run so those folks get up to speed without paying a "newb tax" of sorts, me included potentially. Anyways, you have a year to figure that out. Just opining, nothing I want to fight about.

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Like 1

VANCOUVER CANUCKS

E. Kane - J. Hughes - ??????

?????? - J. McCann - D. Mercer

?????? - P. Krebs - O. Wahlstrom

D. Holloway - ?????? - ??????

?????? - ??????

S. Perunovich - ??????

?????? - ??????

J. Gibson

??????

PROSPECTS

S. Nemec

Y. Askarov

We feel very good about our draft so far. We feel we fall somewhere in the middle of "going for it" and "building for the future".. We feel we can continue to build a young core around franchise cornerstone Jack Hughes, and still remain competitive enough to give ourselves a shot to win the first ever CDCGFL CUP!!!!

Going to be fun building out the rest of the roster. 25% done. What does the other 75% have in store for the Canucks?

• Like 1

Updated Tampa Bay Lightning Roster

Matthew Tkachuk - William Karlsson - William Nylander

Nikolaj Ehlers - Phillip Danault - Kevin Fiala

Teuvo Teravainen - ????? - ?????

????? - ????? - ?????

????? - Aaron Ekblad

????? - Mackenzie Weegar

????? - ?????

Logan Thompson

Pyotr Kochetkov

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Relyt Krets said:

CDCGFL JOINS FANTRAX

After a great sales pitch made by @Master Mind we decided fantrax was the best route to take for tracking the stats for GFL moving forward.

In light of this news we urge all GMs to make a fantrax account (free) so you can keep up to date with the stats. Stats will be posted on here and in spreadsheets from time to time, so it's not necessary to join, but if you like to have more up to date information that will be how to get it!

We would like to thank @Master Mind and the fantrax crew for the partnership & feel it was the best move to make for CDCGFL.

Good luck to all the GMs on their quest for the very 1st GFL Cup!

• Like 3