The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] CDCGFL 2023-24

Gator

Just now, grandmaster said:

I have EK on my team. Now that he is traded in real life, does his Cap hit change with his previous team eating part of his Cap? 

nope, no retained salaries in teh NHL carry over to this first year of our league as there is no team here that is eating that cap. Not speaking out of turn as the exec clarified this earlier somewhere. Cheers.

• Cheers 1

The Calgary Flames have set their 23/24 front office budget. REVISED AND FINAL BUDGET-

6.2 Player Relations Department-  $20M

6.3 Player Development- $10M

6.4 Medical/Training Facility - $20M

6.5 Minors Budget - $20M

6.6 Scouting Department -$10M

Edited by Rick Blight

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

I have EK on my team. Now that he is traded in real life, does his Cap hit change with his previous team eating part of his Cap? 

No... Even if you drafted him now with PIT only paying him a portion of his deal, you would still be charged with the aav of his full contract. Real life salary retention on contracts have no effect

Edited by Gator
  • Cheers 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

I’ve noticed some folks selecting futures for their teams. Are we doing this fantasy draft as an indefinite run? I thought he just one year! Lol

This is a dynasty league, you keep your whole team and we have entry drafts every season for the top prospects.

6 minutes ago, Caboose said:

This is a dynasty league, you keep your whole team and we have entry drafts every season for the top prospects.

This is a bit more of a commitment than I was prepared for. I might have to sell my team if it becomes too much later. We’ll see how this year goes

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

This is a bit more of a commitment than I was prepared for. I might have to sell my team if it becomes too much later. We’ll see how this year goes

You'll become an addict, don't worry. Just try and draft the best team you had because once the trades start coming you'll know you want to stay.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

After the draft it almost runs itself.

1 minute ago, Caboose said:

You'll become an addict, don't worry. Just try and draft the best team you had because once the trades start coming you'll know you want to stay.

This ^^^

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Definately a keeper league, Probably should say that right up front in the Rules. Hehehe: we draft a team with depth enough to have 50 contracts like the real NHL. Then each year we have an entry draft like the NHL and we trade players, picks and salary retention can be involved...trading and building and keeping your eye on the future while managing the present is the very essence of a dynasty league. We are, in a way, mimicking the NHL GM's. 

It sounds daunting and a LOT all at once, I thought so too when i joined GML league over a decade ago now, and over time I left a team, joined another, left that team, took over another and I am still there with my third club. Kind of like real life GM's too on that point. hahaha...

Give it a go this year and I think you will be hooked. If you would like to see how i track my clubs, i can share my GML team sheet with you, to give you an idea, I have many resources like CapFriendly that I can share with you too as you are new here, all you long term CDC fantasy players don't get to see , lol. 

EDIT: OH and most importantly: this inaugural draft is the worst time sink you will encounter: there is just no way to do it other than a long tedious summer draft to start a new league...1260 players will be drafted and another 300ish signed to a free agent deal before October this year...that is a lot of work for 32 folks to chew through, but then as others have said it almost runs itself after that: you will only need to keep an eye on trade possibilities, resign players you want to keep and draft the kids in summer 2024, basically. Of course you could put in way more time if you choose, but it isn't so huge a time sink once this first summer is done. 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

16 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Definately a keeper league, Probably should say that right up front in the Rules. Hehehe: we draft a team with depth enough to have 50 contracts like the real NHL. Then each year we have an entry draft like the NHL and we trade players, picks and salary retention can be involved...trading and building and keeping your eye on the future while managing the present is the very essence of a dynasty league. We are, in a way, mimicking the NHL GM's. 

It sounds daunting and a LOT all at once, I thought so too when i joined GML league over a decade ago now, and over time I left a team, joined another, left that team, took over another and I am still there with my third club. Kind of like real life GM's too on that point. hahaha...

Give it a go this year and I think you will be hooked. If you would like to see how i track my clubs, i can share my GML team sheet with you, to give you an idea, I have many resources like CapFriendly that I can share with you too as you are new here, all you long term CDC fantasy players don't get to see , lol. 

EDIT: OH and most importantly: this inaugural draft is the worst time sink you will encounter: there is just no way to do it other than a long tedious summer draft to start a new league...1260 players will be drafted and another 300ish signed to a free agent deal before October this year...that is a lot of work for 32 folks to chew through, but then as others have said it almost runs itself after that: you will only need to keep an eye on trade possibilities, resign players you want to keep and draft the kids in summer 2024, basically. Of course you could put in way more time if you choose, but it isn't so huge a time sink once this first summer is done. 

Thanks Primal, I’ll sneak a peak later on that material whenever you want to send it and copy the rest of your message.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Thanks Primal, I’ll sneak a peak later on that material whenever you want to send it and copy the rest of your message.

Sent you a CDC mail with some links in it. Any of the 'newer' fantasy GM's that want to be added to that mailout just lemme know and I will get you in on it. Not much there, maybe too much info to start with but it is the core links of what I use to play Fantasy Hockey on CDC. 

Good luck and have fun!!!!

• Huggy Bear 1

31 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Sent you a CDC mail with some links in it. Any of the 'newer' fantasy GM's that want to be added to that mailout just lemme know and I will get you in on it. Not much there, maybe too much info to start with but it is the core links of what I use to play Fantasy Hockey on CDC. 

Good luck and have fun!!!!

Can I take a peak as well? My first time and I have no idea what I'm doing.

• Cheers 1