6. Evander Kane 

7. Dylan Holloway 

8. Scott Perunovich

9. Oliver Wahlstrom

10. Peyton Krebs

Edited by Gator
  • Like 3

@Gator

A question please...regarding ELC contracts which will impact quite a few people...

For example, a player you have drafted has an ELC with an AAV of $1.5m made up of $950k salary and $550k bonus.

I understand that if they are on the NHL roster they will be counted as $1.5m AAV.

But if they are waived to the AHL roster then it will just be the $950k salary that counts towards the AHL/minors salary cap budget?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

@Gator

A question please...regarding ELC contracts which will impact quite a few people...

For example, a player you have drafted has an ELC with an AAV of $1.5m made up of $950k salary and $550k bonus.

I understand that if they are on the NHL roster they will be counted as $1.5m AAV.

But if they are waived to the AHL roster then it will just be the $950k salary that counts towards the AHL/minors salary cap budget?

Thanks

The $1.5M salary will count towards AHL budget if they're in the AHL

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Gator said:

The $1.5M salary will count towards AHL budget if they're in the AHL

yeah pretty standard for keeper leagues, the real NHL has a potential 'two way deal'' where like 70k or 80k is the salary for minor league performers, but if they are called up its 1.5 or 2 or 3 million. However that is just really hard to implement in fantasy hockey 'bean counting' so generallly all the leagues use the same salary cap hit for the bigs or minor league stuff. Generally speaking you won't have a 10m player in the minors so it ends up looking like around 1.75m or less per player in the minors (for budgeting purposes) with most minor leaguers making less than 1.1 million for the duration they are down there. They either get called up or fail to launch and their deals run out before a raise is required.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

yeah pretty standard for keeper leagues, the real NHL has a potential 'two way deal'' where like 70k or 80k is the salary for minor league performers, but if they are called up its 1.5 or 2 or 3 million. However that is just really hard to implement in fantasy hockey 'bean counting' so generallly all the leagues use the same salary cap hit for the bigs or minor league stuff. Generally speaking you won't have a 10m player in the minors so it ends up looking like around 1.75m or less per player in the minors (for budgeting purposes) with most minor leaguers making less than 1.1 million for the duration they are down there. They either get called up or fail to launch and their deals run out before a raise is required.

Cool, so if someone has a $10m AHL salary budget, then they are likely to only be able to afford 5-12 players. Got it. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Cool, so if someone has a $10m AHL salary budget, then they are likely to only be able to afford 5-12 players. Got it. Cheers.

Yeah budgets are important. It really sets the tone for what you are going to do with your team. I suggest anyone new to it really take the time to review what the perks and downfalls of setting them can be. It will also help with the directions you may be shaping our team as well

2 hours ago, Relyt Krets said:

Yeah budgets are important. It really sets the tone for what you are going to do with your team. I suggest anyone new to it really take the time to review what the perks and downfalls of setting them can be. It will also help with the directions you may be shaping our team as well

What are some resources for this? This is my first league and I have no idea what I'm doing..

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

What are some resources for this? This is my first league and I have no idea what I'm doing..

good idea to keep a running tab of how much your minor league guys are going to cost you, make some guesstimates now about your future picks: we know 23 will be on the big team and its a 40 player draft, so you will likely have 17 guys in your minor leagues: that could be 17m in salary for them needed, or could be 25 if they are all paid well. if they are all at league minimum it could be 14 million, so that is a rough range, i mean some guys may have superstuds in the minors all making 4 or 5 million each in which case they will need a massive minor league budget.

That is where I will be starting with my front office budgets is 'how much will i need to pay my prospects'. 

30 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

good idea to keep a running tab of how much your minor league guys are going to cost you, make some guesstimates now about your future picks: we know 23 will be on the big team and its a 40 player draft, so you will likely have 17 guys in your minor leagues: that could be 17m in salary for them needed, or could be 25 if they are all paid well. if they are all at league minimum it could be 14 million, so that is a rough range, i mean some guys may have superstuds in the minors all making 4 or 5 million each in which case they will need a massive minor league budget.

That is where I will be starting with my front office budgets is 'how much will i need to pay my prospects'. 

I'll have to start keeping tabs on who I'm picking. I've been flying by the seat of my pants up until now lol

29 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I'll have to start keeping tabs on who I'm picking. I've been flying by the seat of my pants up until now lol

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K73-kOs0GyzSLcaAGth-M2QLWgLm_HDNqRhJt3GwO_E/edit#gid=546927043

THe official league spreadsheet will have the details for you and it is fairly well up to date every day, well done exec! I think theo has been doing that heavy lifting. 

4 minutes ago, Relyt Krets said:

If you'd like any assistance with setting a budget reach out via PM and I'll be happy to give you some input 

Are you doing the league sheets updates? We owe a small number of people a huge thank you !

I just dont know who all is doing the work, but it is greatly appreciated!

Just now, Relyt Krets said:

Gator and I split pretty evenly 

Thank you guys, I would vote for a 41st pick for all he hard work before free agency opens up for you guys as a thank you. It is incredibly well done and we couldn't play without it. Like setting up an axis and allies gameboard, it's a lot!