The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] CDCGFL 2023-24

Gator

VANCOUVER CANUCKS THROUGH 31

TOP 20: Jack Hughes (NJD), Dawson Mercer (NJD), Simon Nemec (NJD), Jared McCann (SEA), Yaroslav Askarov (NSH), Evander Kane (EDM), Dylan Holloway (EDM), Scott Perunovich (STL), Oliver Wahlstrom (NYI), Peyton Krebs (BUF), John Gibson (NJD ANA), Mikhail Gulyayev (COL), Lukas Dragicevic (SEA), Aatu Raty (VAN), Erik Portillo (LAK), Lukas Cormier (VGK), Carl Lindbom (VGK), Brandon Tanev (SEA), Jeff Petry (DET), Sean Farrell (MTL)

21. David Edstrom (VGK)

22. David Goyette (SEA)

23. Nick Lardis (CHI)

24. Caden Price (SEA)

25. Kole Lind (SEA)

26. Roman Kantserov (CHI)

27. Amadeus Lombardi (DET)

28. Yaniv Perets

29. Ville Koivunen (CAR)

30/31. Noah & Liam Dower Nilsson (DET)

Edited by Gator
  • Cheers 1

On 8/28/2023 at 10:00 AM, Caboose said:

Toronto Maple Leafs will designate

D David Jiricek

D Elias Salomonsson 

LW Liam Ohgren

RW Jordan Dumais
LW Viktor Neuchev

To have their entry level contracts slide for 1 season. All will be 19 or younger by September 15

(Posting this early so i dont forget on my trip)

@Gator

Add LW Viktor Neuchev to this list

What does slide and all that mean again? I have Ostlund, and Willander who obviously won't be on my roster. So I slide them?

I assume callups and roster is based off fantrax? If so

I need to send down

Brink

Foote

Dean

Ostlund

Willander

Wright

And call up

Bjugstad

Bonino

Kunin

Ylonen

Benoit

40 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

What does slide and all that mean again? I have Ostlund, and Willander who obviously won't be on my roster. So I slide them?

I need to send down

Brink

Foote

Dean

Ostlund

Willander

Wright

And call up

Bjugstad

Bonino

Kunin

Ylonen

Benoit

Rosters are based on the team spreadsheets on the first post of this thread.

43 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I need to send down

Brink

Foote

Dean

Ostlund

Willander

Wright

And call up

Bjugstad

Bonino

Kunin

Ylonen

Benoit

Willander isn't under contract so can't / doesn't need to be slid. Ostlund can. But yeah, have a look at the spreadsheets. The whole league will start to make a lot more sense.

• Thanks 1

@Primal Optimist

OK I did find this in the CBA: "Unsigned prospects are players that you have drafted but have never given an ELC to. These prospects will re-enter the draft in 2 years if not signed to an ELC. There is no limit on how many unsigned prospects you can have."

It makes sense that players drafted in future entry drafts will all be subject to GFL rules, but what about players drafted in the fantasy draft? @Gator

Will all college and European prospects drafted more than two year ago need to be given GFL contracts immediately after the draft?

Best for Gator to give an official answer, my belief is that only 2022 guys can be left without a contract until next June 30th and 2023 draft guys have two seasons beffore their rights expire, everyone else will need a contract before Oct 1 or so. Again I may be misinterpreting things so best for G to weigh in.

Edited by Primal Optimist

3 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Best for Gally to give an official answer, my belief is that only 2022 guys can be left without a contract until next June 30th and 2023 draft guys have two seasons beffore their rights expire, everyone else will need a contract before Oct 1 or so. Again I may be misinterpreting things so best for G to weigh in.

Lol you mean Gator?

• RoughGame 1

Current State of Bruins Opening Night Roster

Dylan Cozens - Ryan O'Reilly - Victor Arvidsson

Matthew Knies - Josh Norris - Andreas Athenaseu

Mason Marchment -     ?????     - Kailer Yamamoto

Jason Dickinson - Ryan Poehling - Max Jones

Steven Lorentz

Jakob Chychrun - Rasmus Dahlin

Thomas Harley - Jake McCabe  

Nikita Zadorov - Timothy Liljegren   

Dylan Samberg -   

Arvid Soderblom

Mackenzie Blackwood

Definitely mayde some rushed picks, left some serious work ahead for myself in terms of building a playoff caliber team, even more to reach contending level. Alot of weight riding on my less proven players and prospects, not ideal considering the risk involved with that. But all in all had some serious fun building and should be even more fun to see how things playout across the league. 

Prospects:

Will Smith

Lian Bichsel

Quinton Musty 

Drew Commesso 

Will Cuylle 

Sam Rinzel 

Nico Daws

Cole Guttman 

Antonio Stranges

Timur Mukhanov

Maxence Guenette

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Sludge said:

Current State of Bruins Opening Night Roster

Dylan Cozens - Ryan O'Reilly - Victor Arvidsson

Matthew Knies - Josh Norris - Andreas Athenaseu

Mason Marchment -     ?????     - Kailer Yamamoto

Jason Dickinson - Ryan Poehling - Max Jones

Steven Lorentz

Jakob Chychrun - Rasmus Dahlin

Thomas Harley - Jake McCabe  

Nikita Zadorov - Timothy Liljegren   

Dylan Samberg -   

Arvid Soderblom

Mackenzie Blackwood

Definitely mayde some rushed picks, left some serious work ahead for myself in terms of building a playoff caliber team, even more to reach contending level. Alot of weight riding on my less proven players and prospects, not ideal considering the risk involved with that. But all in all had some serious fun building and should be even more fun to see how things playout across the league. 

Prospects:

Will Smith

Lian Bichsel

Quinton Musty 

Drew Commesso 

Will Cuylle 

Sam Rinzel 

Nico Daws

Cole Guttman 

Antonio Stranges

Timur Mukhanov

Maxence Guenette

I've said to you in DMs and I still maintain yours has been one of my favorite builds of the draft. I mean there's some really good ones and it's impossible to pick one or even just a couple, but I have to admit once I got a grasp on what you were trying to do I stole some elements of your build for myself. Star players on emerging teams + young emerging players on established contenders. Just based on the names of the GMs in the Atlantic I knew we'd be in for a challenge, so it was a bit of a relief to see that most of the division is leaning more future-oriented. Florida and Tampa look to be the runaway favorites for year one, although I hope to be in the mix as well. Most of the others look to be a little ways down the road (barring major trades), but year two is when it looks like my Sens and your Bruins could could emerge as legit contenders.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HighOnHockey said:

I've said to you in DMs and I still maintain yours has been one of my favorite builds of the draft. I mean there's some really good ones and it's impossible to pick one or even just a couple, but I have to admit once I got a grasp on what you were trying to do I stole some elements of your build for myself. Star players on emerging teams + young emerging players on established contenders. Just based on the names of the GMs in the Atlantic I knew we'd be in for a challenge, so it was a bit of a relief to see that most of the division is leaning more future-oriented. Florida and Tampa look to be the runaway favorites for year one, although I hope to be in the mix as well. Most of the others look to be a little ways down the road (barring major trades), but year two is when it looks like my Sens and your Bruins could could emerge as legit contenders.

some of the rushed picks i mentioned were due to you taking players like Johnston and Quinn (Johnston going in the 3rd round legitimately made me reconsider my whole approach as he was my next pick), players i thought i would take "early" but knew could have the value of players that went in the 1st and 2nd round in a year. Seeing them go made me panic and take other players earlier. This league has some seriously informed GMs and its gona make building through trades incredibly difficult, I'm looking at you Gator...lol 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2023 at 6:19 PM, HighOnHockey said:

@Primal Optimist

OK I did find this in the CBA: "Unsigned prospects are players that you have drafted but have never given an ELC to. These prospects will re-enter the draft in 2 years if not signed to an ELC. There is no limit on how many unsigned prospects you can have."

It makes sense that players drafted in future entry drafts will all be subject to GFL rules, but what about players drafted in the fantasy draft? @Gator

Will all college and European prospects drafted more than two year ago need to be given GFL contracts immediately after the draft?

My bad I just seen this.. Any player drafted this draft will be entered as being drafted in 2023.. Not signing them while they're playing in the league may hurt you if you plan to eventually lock them up long term. 

1 hour ago, Gator said:

My bad I just seen this.. Any player drafted this draft will be entered as being drafted in 2023.. Not signing them while they're playing in the league may hurt you if you plan to eventually lock them up long term. 

Interesting, on a couple different levels. So this also goes for sliding players who are playing in the NHL?

Edited by HighOnHockey