The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] Tyler Myers to Ducks for Jamie Drysdale

CHIPS

On 9/2/2023 at 9:38 AM, CHIPS said:

To Canucks
Jamie Drysdale

To Ducks

Tyler Myers (Canucks retain some salary)
3rd round 2024

Why Ducks do this:
Jaime Drysdale was injured and only played 8 games last year (tore labrum).  He is RFA and still hasn't signed, so the Ducks are hesitant to offer him anything.  2 years ago, he got 32 points, but also a minus 26.  His future is uncertain, maybe better to get a draft pick.  Myers only has 1 year left, so he will be gone anyways.  

Why Canucks do this:
Get rid of Myers, who has no future with this team.  Jamie Drysdale is a wild card now because of his injuries.  But he was the 6th overall pick RHD from 2020 and still young.  Once we get rid of Myers, we have some cap space to sign him to a reasonable deal.  

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jamie-drysdale

If you can pull that one off, I'm sure you'll find a job somewhere in the NHL as a GM. Nice one! 

On 9/2/2023 at 12:24 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Why would we want to trade for another 5'11" offensive Dman who doesn't kill penalties?

While I agree that he's not a great fit for us, Drysdale is a top-5 OFD prospect in the game imo.

There is no universe where OP's trade would take place.

Though, perhaps Hunter Brzustewicz is our budget version of Drysdale.

3 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

That may have been a decent trade if Barry Pederson had been able to stay healthy. 

Harry Sinden tricked me. I didn't know Peterson had a chunk of his bicep removed, he was never the same player again. And my coach Tom Watt hated Neely for some reason. 

I did the best I could, but it sure didn't work out. :blush:

• There it is 1