The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Holy Grail (Game Over - SK Wins!)

Rate this topic

Blue Jay 22

There was also this signature.

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol, Person

I don't remember every reference now.

Baldy and Hugh (later MastahTJ) were two OG players who were the first to actually be sort of good at the game. Either one could singlehandedly solve the game and win as town, or fool the town and win as scum (albeit the games back then were much smaller and other players less experienced, of course). They also each had a big ego and would spar over who was better all the freaking time.

TEO (can't remember what that stood for) and Puckfever also began to fight a lot, and when TEO changed his name Puckfever changed his name to "New TEO". They weren't as sexy a rivalry as Baldy/Hugh though.

I don't remember why I made shiznak the one being voted. I think the 'PM me for poof!' was a real quote though?

Don't remember who Misa was. I do remember TharinCharania a bit.

• Like 4
Just now, Master Radishes said:

Baldy and Hugh (later MastahTJ) were two OG players who were the first to actually be sort of good at the game. Either one could singlehandedly solve the game and win as town, or fool the town and win as scum (albeit the games back then were much smaller and other players less experienced, of course). They also each had a big ego and would spar over who was better all the freaking time.

I sort of remember my first game.

I watched one of the games before joining, so I was aware of Baldy and Hugh's reputations. In my first game (I was also accused of being a dupe account at first) I randed Mafia, and my partners died quickly. I was up against Baldy and Hugh and a few others and I hoped to play them off against each other, knowing their egos and all.

Instead, they easily realised each other were town and sniffed me out pretty quickly. I think I made it to the final 6 or so and tried desperately to be like 'don't you see, the other one is fooling you!' but they weren't idiots.

I also remember in one of my first games randing Cop. I investigated Baldy first and he was scum. Score! I thought. I kept quiet, lurking so as to avoid being caught. Next I investigated Hugh and he was also scum. Now I was worried - the two big players were on the same scum team! The first rounds went badly for town, and Baldy and Hugh fake-fought but meanwhile led town astray. I finally investigated a town (mrgreer) and, since in those days PMs were allowed, he led the charge against the other two. We won the game, but I don't remember how it all played out.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Intoewsables said:

Wellwood is always like this as far as I can remember. Always had a hard time reading him because his posts always jumped out as super scummy to me.

I feel like you're town reading me because you're scum tbh.

13 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

My game was usually to try not to die. This led me to lose 2(???) LYLO in my career.

So I'm saying 'f**k it' and for the last game I'm gonna just put things out there. Might be nothing but staying silent helps no one.

Plus I'm busy half the day nowadays so I don't have a lot of time. 

You're overlooking a lot of posts this game. Don't know if this means busy town or scum trying to blend in

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Aladeen said:

I feel like we should extend the round. Allow players that are busy a little more time to contribute. 

If I have to vote tonight, my vote is probably going SD at this point.

Unvote, Vote Extend

This appears genuine as a move like this doesn't massively benefit either side on the face of things in the current gamestate.. That being said, Aladeen wanting to delay potential solving via wagonomics seems a little off.Shocked Family Matters GIF

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Intoewsables said:

Why don't we start by figuring out all of our do not yeet lists? I want to keep guys like MR, Beluga, SS alive for old time's sake.

Lol I agree with you but it kinda defeats the purpose of a town list when we are essentially giving a bunch of players a free pass based on reputation

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Master Radishes said:

Let me tell you a tale of yore.

In one of the earliest games, a new player signed up: @Grind-Like-Lightning. Within the first page of the game he had derp-cleared himself by asking why he didn't get a PM. He was therefore, obviously, just a newbie town. Right?

Wrong! He fake-fumbled his way through the game, which was a sizeable 27 players and lasted 7 rounds, too weak for the Mafia to worry about and too obviously newbish for the town to suspect.

He ended up becoming the first ever Serial Killer winner.

I think there was also controversy about letting GLL play pre-game too. Some people were certain he was a dupe account. (He wasn't.)

I found this old image I made for my signature back then:

Could contain: Text, Person

There was also this signature.

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol, Person

I don't remember every reference now.

TEO (can't remember what that stood for) and Puckfever also began to fight a lot, and when TEO changed his name Puckfever changed his name to "New TEO". They weren't as sexy a rivalry as Baldy/Hugh though.

I don't remember why I made shiznak the one being voted. I think the 'PM me for poof!' was a real quote though?

Don't remember who Misa was. I do remember TharinCharania a bit.

I sort of remember my first game.

I watched one of the games before joining, so I was aware of Baldy and Hugh's reputations. In my first game (I was also accused of being a dupe account at first) I randed Mafia, and my partners died quickly. I was up against Baldy and Hugh and a few others and I hoped to play them off against each other, knowing their egos and all.

Instead, they easily realised each other were town and sniffed me out pretty quickly. I think I made it to the final 6 or so and tried desperately to be like 'don't you see, the other one is fooling you!' but they weren't idiots.

I also remember in one of my first games randing Cop. I investigated Baldy first and he was scum. Score! I thought. I kept quiet, lurking so as to avoid being caught. Next I investigated Hugh and he was also scum. Now I was worried - the two big players were on the same scum team! The first rounds went badly for town, and Baldy and Hugh fake-fought but meanwhile led town astray. I finally investigated a town (mrgreer) and, since in those days PMs were allowed, he led the charge against the other two. We won the game, but I don't remember how it all played out.

Yes, I'm aware I'm just talking to myself. Only possibly shiznak was around to remember these people.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

I'd accept Snake Doctor as our sacrifice.

One time, in days of CDC Mafia past, before nearly all of you existed, he would baselessly accuse me game after game and when I got sassy about it he'd get sassy back. I've held a smouldering grudge ever since.

Let me kill him in our final game.

Ahhhh such a mafia post. When your mafia you build up to the first vote with nonsensical posts. It’s easy to read you these days. Try a different approach from now on.

I was just about to start the vote against you as well. I can confirm MR and LL are mafia.

Unvote BW

Vote MR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Snake Doctor said:

Ahhhh such a mafia post. When your mafia you build up to the first vote with nonsensical posts. It’s easy to read you these days. Try a different approach from now on.

I was just about to start the vote against you as well. I can confirm MR and LL are mafia.

Unvote BW

Vote MR

Sad Holy Grail GIF by Monty Python

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Lewitelli said:

This appears genuine as a move like this doesn't massively benefit either side on the face of things in the current gamestate.. That being said, Aladeen wanting to delay potential solving via wagonomics seems a little off.Shocked Family Matters GIF

I think extending helps town. The Mafia gain little from more time before nightfall. They'll get their kill and the lynch is more likely to be a town lynch when theres less to go on

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Lewitelli said:

This was my first thought too.. I haven't done the math on it but there are a lot of players here.

Today = 21st

CDC Shutdown = 31st midnight

10 NFs - 1 (if extended) = 9

9x2 deaths each round = 18 dead via lynch/MK

Probably some other killing roles = 5-7 deaths

My guess is this will go 7-8 rounds.

If it goes the distance 9 or 10 rounds (assuming no extra killing roles) - would just need a turbo round on last day if it goes that far. 

40 minutes ago, Lewitelli said:

How many extended rounds could we have hypothetically? Lets make sure it's not a one and done and we are putting ourselves in a crap shoot moving forwards.

This is actually a good thought lewt. It may be best to hold off on round extensions due to our time crunch. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1