The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Holy Grail (Game Over - SK Wins!)

Rate this topic

Blue Jay 22

2 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

Sheriff waiting is a horrible idea if Ilunga isn't mafia since they will have narrowed him down to doc or sheriff and will be in a better position.

Your skepticism Aladeen reflects towny but I don't like the suboptimal line of thinking both you and TL are exhibiting. Whose to say if the sheriff comes out that the doc wouldn't as well and then I watch over the sheriff and reveal a ton of more information or at the very least we get one more round?

This is simpleton thinking from the two of you, though I am not surprised by Aladeen since he couldn't do the very basic task of deducing I was watcher earlier :lol:

There is a Fooking reason that specials don’t come out all at the start of the game. We don’t know the scum roles bud. They may have to power to f**k over any plan when they know who the specials are and what they will do. 

1 minute ago, Time Lord said:

True the roleblocking is probably a compelling enough point...

16 players, 2 confirmed TP (ilduce and Zfetch)

Let's say the sheriff comes out and gives us 3 TP, then we're at 6 confirmed TP and 10 unknowns

But we can probably clear at least 2 people by using our brains (I say lucky and AT), so 8 unknowns

Then let's say we lynch incorrectly and vig kill incorrectly for 2 straight days, the game is still going (assuming 4 mafia are left), and we'll have 4 unknowns left..

So yeah maybe we can win the game if the sheriff comes out

Not to mention if the doctor is reading, could mess up a mafia kill or two and put us in a much better position.

I don't like Aladeens idiot line of thinking for us to continue on, lynch Shiznak, he flips TP, Ilduce accidentally kills a TP and then we end with a spectacular round of 3 TP dead and a 4 v 9 (4 v 7 v 2?) with a bunch of hard to read/inactive players

• Like 1
  • elephant 1
Just now, Master Radishes said:

Let the Sheriff decide, should one exist (tracker is pretty sheriff-esque and having both feels unfair for the mafia). They might've copped a dead town so the numbers don't work as well as you guys are hoping.

They'd have 4 investigations by now and a 5th one coming since Zfetch would be watching them

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Master Radishes said:

Let the Sheriff decide, should one exist (tracker is pretty sheriff-esque and having both feels unfair for the mafia). They might've copped a dead town so the numbers don't work as well as you guys are hoping.

Well then what did Ilunga do?

Did you receive a basket r2 or no

• Like 1
  • elephant 1
1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

There is a Fooking reason that specials don’t come out all at the start of the game. We don’t know the scum roles bud. They may have to power to f**k over any plan when they know who the specials are and what they will do. 

You say this is start of the game, I say this is middle of the game for the mafia and 3P, near the end of the game for the TP.

Some pessimistic thinking will illustrate the importance of the next 1-2 rounds for the TP

• Like 1
  • elephant 1
2 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

Not to mention if the doctor is reading, could mess up a mafia kill or two and put us in a much better position.

I don't like Aladeens idiot line of thinking for us to continue on, lynch Shiznak, he flips TP, Ilduce accidentally kills a TP and then we end with a spectacular round of 3 TP dead and a 4 v 9 (4 v 7 v 2?) with a bunch of hard to read/inactive players

I’m not even voting shiznak you dim witted slug of a monkey. We’d are you even on.

On 9/22/2023 at 10:55 AM, Sharpshooter said:

Again apologies to all. 

Here’s a couple thoughts I had reading back. 

- I can’t recall SD being so cozy with me ever and posting fluff, zeros and ones stuff. Not sure why he was onto BW as well. Not sure why he’s voting for LL, who’s played a pretty straight town game thus far, imo. 

- NIK, seems like he’s in his town meta. Not posting crazy but controlled reactions about things that don’t make sense to him. I don’t agree with Al or TL about voting NIK right now. Lewt has slanked/less active in the past as he is now and come back as red flip. Not saying he is, but it’s been done before by him. 

- Slankers. FFS! Aren’t I always saying to vote them first? Why don’t you people listen to me?

- Lewt going out there and being the first in Qwags without a good reason didn’t make sense. 

- MR’s posts came back totally genuine to me. But, that doesn’t necessarily make him town. Nostalgia could be scum cover by making people get the warm and fuzzies. Not sure he would do a self vote as scum though. That’s a big gamble, if people think he’s playing games and doing it in order to not vote him. For now, he’s leaning town to me. 

-Al is active and playing it pretty straight in his posts and responses. Run of the mill Al imo. Lean town. 

- BK, slanking. Come on man! 

- Zfetch seems towny to me so far. 

- Haven’t played with Shiz so I don’t know how he plays. 

If I’ve forgotten anyone then they at fall into the slanker category. 

Can we work off this?

• Like 1
Just now, Zfetch said:

This is a very scummy post

Why was J23 cleared again?

He wasn't really cleared I thought

Overall I don't really like the direction he's gone for most of the game but his comment about the mafia killing BW and ruining the fun seemed genuine. Like maybe a long time ago people used to make comments like that as mafia and think "haha im so clever they'll never think im mafia now" but it became such a cheap tactic over time and no one really does it anymore

• Like 1