The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

True. It looks like he's starting to degrade. Condit fight, then Diaz, and now..

Maybe he'll take a break and get away from it all then come back stronger than ever. He's going to lose next time unless something about him changes for the better.

Yeah. I want to see Silva vs Pierre before they both get old and become pretty bad, still probably the top wrestlers in their divisions in my opinion when they are fighting their best.

yea that definitely looks like a tap out but it seems GSP lets him go just as he taps out.

Most definitely is. No other reason to be doing that in that position. Of course as you said George lets up at the same time. Fight should have ended there I guess? Literally another second and it would have been over. If his corner saw that, can they delay the fight and review it or something? Because he could have lost the title tonight when Hendricks had given up in the first.

Most definitely is. No other reason to be doing that in that position. Of course as you said George lets up at the same time. Fight should have ended there I guess? Literally another second and it would have been over. If his corner saw that, can they delay the fight and review it or something? Because he could have lost the title tonight when Hendricks had given up in the first.

as soon as he taps the fight is over but I don't think GSP realized he tapped and was just letting him go for whatever reason that or he let him go on purpose to prolong the fight.

What got me in the post fight presser was that Hendricks said he didn't want to knock him out. Not right, you want the belt, you finish the champ, you never leave it up to the judges.

Makes me believe that Hendricks and GSP decided they wouldn't KO each other before the fight and GSP let go on hendricks so he wouldn't KO him in the first round.

Everyone in the bar I was at thought he tapped, it sure looked like it. I really want to see a replay.

It's on the previous page at the bottom. It's a definite tap except George let go for whatever reason. It didn't look like he had it locked super tight but when you're already breathing hard, any constriction can be enough to end ya.

That has to be. What else is he doing there with his hand? Seriously looks like a tapping motion.. and if Mario was on the other side I'm sure he could have called it.

That soon into the fight, after a half-assed choke locked in for such little time? I just don't think it can possibly be a tap.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/17/5113402/ufc-167-results-george-st-pierre-vs-johny-hendricks-scorecard-judges

Picture of the official scorecard. So I was slightly wrong.

All 3 judges had round 2 and 4 going to Hendricks and round 3 and 5 to GSP. Turns out round 1 was the difference maker.

GSP won round 1 with 2 of the judges and Hendricks won round 1 on 1.

It's on the previous page at the bottom. It's a definite tap except George let go for whatever reason. It didn't look like he had it locked super tight but when you're already breathing hard, any constriction can be enough to end ya.

Thanks, to me it looked like Hendricks hit his hand on his thigh on his way up to tap. He did tap as far as I can see, but GSP released it awfully quick after Hendricks hit his thigh before the tap happened.