The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

28 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Not that TJ is that likeable either, but I just can't stand Garbrandt. 

Regardless of who's likable it should be a good fight.  I just think that Garbrandt will outlast Dillashaw and eventually get a good shot in.

Just now, Down by the River said:

You could really see Garbrandt reaching back with his shoulder to throw that right. TJ just more precise. 

They were both hurt at one point, but Dillashaw was just quicker and spot-on with his shots.

A few sites recommended against ordering this card and yet it was entertaining card none the less never understand why they put so much hype up for other fighters over someone like Mighty Mouse and yet it was an entertaining fight it goes to show just how good DJ is to not get finished by Cejudo. It was an extremely close fight but ultimately the takedowns is what won Cejudo the fight you can tell that judges don't know how to score leg kicks.

Best card of 2018.  Dillashaw shutting Garbrandt up was great, and the DJ-Cejudo was outstanding.  Credit to Cejudo for surviving the leg kicks after the first round.  How much fun was Holland to watch?  I really hope he's able polish things up a bit and stick around.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Best card of 2018.  Dillashaw shutting Garbrandt up was great, and the DJ-Cejudo was outstanding.  Credit to Cejudo for surviving the leg kicks after the first round.  How much fun was Holland to watch?  I really hope he's able polish things up a bit and stick around.

Best card? That is a big stretch but definitely 2 good main and co main event fights 

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/6/17655020/ufc-227-fight-night-weights-all-but-six-fighters-come-in-over-csac-regulations

Cal State Athletic Commission has rule that fighters that, at the time they enter the cage, weigh more than 10% of their weightclass, should be asked to move up a division. 

24 fighters at UFC 227 weighed over the 10% mark at the time they entered the cage. It is kind of ridiculous. Gardbrant weighed as much as flyweights.

Edited by Down by the River

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Credit to him for hanging in there while he was eating bombs though.  Thought he was going to get knocked out for sure.

Empathized with him a bit more after his post-fight press conference. 

That was another good card, despite people saying that it didn't belong on PPV. UFC may be lacking big-time stars that fight regularly, but I think this is the deepest their roster has been. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thought people might find this interesting:

https://www.fuqrafiles.com/knowledgebase/nypd-informant-ali-abdel-aziz/

It is regarding Khabib's manager (also manages Frankie Edgar and others) and describes his ties to a terrorist organization, questions whether he is legally allowed to be in the US, etc. 

People criticized Conor's seemingly unhinged press conference yesterday, but underneath all of this idiocy was a guy that did his homework. He called out Ali for not paying child support (apparently owes 50k) to a son that he abandoned in Colorado after turning FBI informant. 

EDIT: I should warn that the guy who wrote the above article seems like a nutjob that is misrepresenting himself as a Professor. He does not have a PhD (or a JD), which is a requirement for actually being a professor at a real university. However, he is not the only person making such claims. Mike Russell (MMA Journalist) is doing a story on it:

Edited by Down by the River

On 21/09/2018 at 9:39 AM, Down by the River said:

Thought people might find this interesting:

https://www.fuqrafiles.com/knowledgebase/nypd-informant-ali-abdel-aziz/

It is regarding Khabib's manager (also manages Frankie Edgar and others) and describes his ties to a terrorist organization, questions whether he is legally allowed to be in the US, etc. 

People criticized Conor's seemingly unhinged press conference yesterday, but underneath all of this idiocy was a guy that did his homework. He called out Ali for not paying child support (apparently owes 50k) to a son that he abandoned in Colorado after turning FBI informant. 

EDIT: I should warn that the guy who wrote the above article seems like a nutjob that is misrepresenting himself as a Professor. He does not have a PhD (or a JD), which is a requirement for actually being a professor at a real university. However, he is not the only person making such claims. Mike Russell (MMA Journalist) is doing a story on it:

Conor brought up nothing new. All this info on that scumbag Ali has been on the internet for a while. In fact Ferguson almost got into a fight with Werdum over the fact that Ali was his manager at a media day last year. 

People as always giving Conor way more credit than he deserves. 

Edited by RRypien37

3 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Conor brought up nothing new. All this info on that scumbag Ali has been on the internet for a while. In fact Ferguson almost got into a fight with Werdum over the fact that Ali was his manager at a media day last year. 

People as always giving Conor way more credit than he deserves. 

Sounds like you are being a bit hypersensitive. I never suggested Conor was the person that dug up this material. Obviously I wouldn't have thought this given that I posted an older article and video. The difference is that when Conor says something, people start looking into it. 

21 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Sounds like you are being a bit hypersensitive. I never suggested Conor was the person that dug up this material. Obviously I wouldn't have thought this given that I posted an older article and video. The difference is that when Conor says something, people start looking into it. 

Not saying you in particular. I mean in general. Specifically Conor fan boys who think he is the best thing since sliced bread. He embarrassed himself on Thursday and people still eating it up. 

• Upvote 1