The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I think we all should first get VERY drunk then round up Murph, tie him to a fence and break every bone in his body with our bare fists. While we're punching the living daylights out of him, we should all say variations of the same thing, "You filthy liar! Take it back! Burrows has 35!"

wish I could take away one of more of your negatives. That was way too funny.

i wish burrows can score 5 more in the next 6 to reach 40... that would be totally awesome..

GO BURROWS~~~~

that would be siick...then there would be a whole lot of media speculation saying he wont be able to keep that pace next season, then he'll score 50 lol.

Edited by S.O.S.E.B.

3 of the teams Burrows has played for don't even exist anymore. THAT'S how far he's come!

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Burrows+made+point+goals+bigs+after+riding+buses+ECHL/2750631/story.html

P.S - bumping this thread is becoming as routine as my morning coffee ;)

I love this thread. Especially after that back-to-back hattie, eh?

I think by surpassing the numbers he put up last year, he has laid the speculations to rest that it was a one hit wonder….of course there are still doubters out there waiting for him to fall off so they come out of their shell and start bragging about how they always knew he was not a legitimate scorer..(e.g. clutch)

For what he has done in his time here, for the amount he makes, his heart which is bigger than his physical size and where he came from, I am happy if this is as prolific as it gets. I am proud that he is a Canuck and will hold the same admiration and respect even if his production tails off after this season. Sometimes you gotta look beyond the point totals.

Thank you Burrows.

Here’s to hoping for number 36, 37 and 38 tonight

:D