Your sig = :picard:

#5822 nucks4sure

nucks4sure

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:24 AM

You can watch Hodgson all you want but Burrows is the guy I am keeping my eye on.His play changed last year and he stopped driving the net.The beauty tip ins were few and far between.He spent less time out front.Yes I know he started the seaon late becuase of the shoulder butI think Gillis telling him to cut down on his chippy play hurt him and he lost some of the cockiness he had.Say what you want but in the Boston series in the final 2 games he spent a ton of time away from the hard areas that he usually plays in.I actually saw him in game 6 skate to the side board and just stop and watch the play.I wish Gillis would just let Burrows bark so he gets some of his bite back.

#5823 Kent.S

Kent.S

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

I don't agree, he's going to have a good year starting healthy. He knows what needs to be done and has a smart hockey sense.

He fits well with the sedins, and didn't he have an interview this pre season sayng he knows he needs to go to the front of the net?

Edited by Kent242, 01 October 2011 - 10:29 AM.

#5824 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:31 AM

POPULAR

Isn't Gillis doing that to every top 6 player? He did the same to Kesler and now look what numbers he is producing. Burrows is no longer a talker, he is a scorer now, but at times he can be chirpy. Leave the barking to our bottom 6.

Edited by JeffTambo10, 01 October 2011 - 10:31 AM.

Posted Image

#5825 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

POPULAR

Burrows, do we really need him?

#5826 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:44 AM

POPULAR

Kes and Burr cut down on their chirping and we got to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Where did we get when they were mouthing off? Posted Image

Leave the poor guy alone. He's not Wayne Gretzky. He tries his hardest. The Sedins are the Art Ross trophy winners. If you're expecting more in the playoffs, it should be from them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dv4eS4fYqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awsfqrHSOdA

He did his part.

When Vancouver Canucks players chirp, we are classified as dirty/classless/diving by the entire media/nhl. When other teams chirp (boston) they are angels. There is a double-standard in this league and the Canucks get the raw end. The refs really don't like us to succeed. I seriously believe a few of them hold a grudge against Burrows/canucks after he called out Auger. If we had done all of the skate hacking/punching that Boston did to us in the finals after whistles, we'd have a huge amount of penalties. Yes, it was not a level playing field.

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 01 October 2011 - 10:52 AM.

#5827 PowerAids

PowerAids

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:11 AM

This is going to be a career year for Burrows, he's starting the season on the 1st PP.

#5828 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

That's what Maxim Lapierre is for and both these players were born 30 mins apart from each other, so I think Lapierre will do Burrow's job very well.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#5829 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,606 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

CLUTCH? IS THAT YOU!?!

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#5830 Konman

Konman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

My opinion is that Burrows is one of the most valuable players in any situation.
I do not see much of what you speak of.

In the playoffs, he was moved around somewhat and perhaps his productivity
slowed down abit as did everyone elses. But he is awesome.

Of all the players to talk about poorly, for me, he would absolutely be one of ths last.
The more I watch him with the Sedins, the more I see him as inseperatable from the 1st Line.

Burrows all the way....Buddy

#5831 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,947 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:08 PM

You can watch Hodgson all you want but Burrows is the guy I am keeping my eye on.His play changed last year and he stopped driving the net.The beauty tip ins were few and far between.He spent less time out front.Yes I know he started the seaon late becuase of the shoulder butI think Gillis telling him to cut down on his chippy play hurt him and he lost some of the cockiness he had.Say what you want but in the Boston series in the final 2 games he spent a ton of time away from the hard areas that he usually plays in.I actually saw him in game 6 skate to the side board and just stop and watch the play.I wish Gillis would just let Burrows bark so he gets some of his bite back.

Clutch is that you? Posted Image
Posted Image

#5832 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,947 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

This will be Burrows best season yet.
Posted Image

#5833 Konman

Konman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

Kes and Burr cut down on their chirping and we got to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Where did we get when they were mouthing off? Posted Image

Leave the poor guy alone. He's not Wayne Gretzky. He tries his hardest. The Sedins are the Art Ross trophy winners. If you're expecting more in the playoffs, it should be from them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dv4eS4fYqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awsfqrHSOdA

He did his part.

When Vancouver Canucks players chirp, we are classified as dirty/classless/diving by the entire media/nhl. When other teams chirp (boston) they are angels. There is a double-standard in this league and the Canucks get the raw end. The refs really don't like us to succeed. I seriously believe a few of them hold a grudge against Burrows/canucks after he called out Auger. If we had done all of the skate hacking/punching that Boston did to us in the finals after whistles, we'd have a huge amount of penalties. Yes, it was not a level playing field.

I still get a rush when I see those video again........

#5834 icycold

icycold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

Byron Bitz says hello, when we get there he'll be up for it... that's why MG went after some toughness in Bitz Duco n Mancari.. no matter what happens MG will make sure we have grit n toughness out there. I'm up for this yr, after losing to chicago everyone knew we needed to be bigger and get some talent instead of plugs and now look at our top 3 lines, we have tons of skill and 4th line will look good as well in the toughness dept. I'm not worried at ALL!!!! Bring on the bruins and let them see deal with this tougher canucks team! Poor F's lmao!
HABS SUCK!!!

#5835 rypper-37

rypper-37

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

OMG me too. I still can't let that moment go.

I still get a rush when I see those video again........

#5836 Gage

Gage

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

only an absolute tool would complain about Alex Burrows. What he does on and off the ice, and what he brings to this team for a measly 2 million per season is nothing short of amazing. The only explanation for a thread like this, is it is started by someone who doesnt follow the sport of hockey let alone this team. to bad you can only minus a post once

#5837 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

Maxim Lapierre says shut your mouth, and know your roles.

Eh8NO.jpg

"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#5838 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:27 PM

Burr graduated from the trash talking third liner. He doesn't need it as much anymore.
Posted Image

#5839 Crom!

Crom!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:38 PM

Maxim Lapierre says shut your mouth, and know your roles.

Uhhh I thought that was the Rock?

#5840 Zippgunn

Zippgunn

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

Isn't Gillis doing that to every top 6 player? He did the same to Kesler and now look what numbers he is producing. Burrows is no longer a talker, he is a scorer now, but at times he can be chirpy. Leave the barking to our bottom 6.

He's also a biter and a hair puller. "No longer a talker" LOL.
Don't talk about it... Do it!!!

#5841 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

Uhhh I thought that was the Rock?

LOL I know, but the Rock also says role not roles, as I was implying roles as in Burrows has a new role now and Lapierre has his role now.

Eh8NO.jpg

#5842 Crom!

Crom!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

LOL I know, but the Rock also says role not roles, as I was implying roles as in Burrows has a new role now and Lapierre has his role now.

I knew what you meant the first time. Lol

#5843 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

hahaha good call... theres already a get rid of burrows thread, this could have totally gone in there

#5844 Quaz

Quaz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

With the 1st line getting less ice time that usual, Burrows being
out with a Shoulder injury for a little while and teams learning to
defend against their line, it's understandable why his numbers
were down a little.

Chara is that much of a beast that anybody going to the net was going to get
abused. For the most part, our team was only going to be scoring on rushes
because they didn't give us time in front of their net.

Daniel said in an interview that Burrows doesn't get the attention he deserves
and that he is a very smart hockey player and understands the game well.
So, unless you know more about the game than those Sedins, I'd say you
were a few french fries short of a happy meal.

I think it was the comments Burrows and Kesler made towards Dave Backes' wife
(St Louis playoff series 2008/2009) that prompted the team to talk to the boys about
keeping the chirping down and stay focused on the game. The following season
Burrows finished off the year with a career high 35 goals and 32 Assist.

#5845 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

Holy crap, I though I'd never see the day when someone would be ragging on Burrows again. Christ.

RIP LB RR PD

#5846 Frozen Water Walker

Frozen Water Walker

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

NHL.com has listed Burrows as one of the bounce back players of the year

One of the top scorers in the playoffs and he has to have a bounce back year

4 years ago he would have been listed as lucky to be playing in the NHL
whoever doesn't like the Burr, reach down and give your */!%s a tug,,,:lol:

#5847 ILoveWaffles

ILoveWaffles

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

Usually people who are stupid don't realize that they are so they open their mouths too much and let everyone know without realizing it.

As a personal favour to you I thought it would be important to let you know that you just did that.

Edited by Jason88, 01 October 2011 - 03:41 PM.

Posted Image

#5848 Bure2Burrows

Bure2Burrows

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:04 PM

I love Burrows and I'm one of his biggest supporters, I love what he fought through and where he came from to be the player he is today, so it's hard for me to admit, but... I agree with you, he's become a softer player without the trash talking, the trash talking and chirping is what brought him to the NHL and what placed him on that 1st line in Vancouver. His grit, and agitating qualities is what balanced our soft top line.. It worked for Kesler, but Kesler was a first round draft pick and should be a whistle to whistle player. Burrows was an undrafted ECHL player who battled his way to the top....should not ask that kind of a player to change his game.

#5849 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,934 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

we love burrows --you kidding

Troll.

307mg00.jpg

#5850 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,934 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

Burrows, do we really want him?

307mg00.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.