The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Apparently Burrows' shoulder injury was pretty serious so while a couple of days of rest might have helped a little, it ultimately might not have made much of a difference in the end. I really do think that you have to be lucky in terms of injuries during the playoffs, and we've had some absolutely rotten luck during the past two playoff campaigns. If Burrows and Kesler weren't injured that series really could've turned out differently. Plus it was revealed that our defence seemed to be made of porcelain throughout the season, which didn't help matters. That being said, however... f*ck Malkin! angry.gif I hope he gets what's coming to him.

perhaps it should be like baseball where they rest catchers every now and then throughout the season, as they are prone to injury and fatigue. I'm not sure this would help, since a freak incident like Richards-on-Booth or Malkin-on-Mitchell could happen even to a guy playing 5-10 minutes a game. Hopefully we have better luck come next season

I haven't seen any confirmation of when he hurt his shoulder, but I remember being at the Canucks/Islanders game and watched Burrows go down hard and had to go to the lockerroom and I think that may have been when he hurt his shoulder. He only managed to score 3 goals for the remainder of the regular season after that incident, so if I'm correct on this it means he was playing with a very bad shoulder for a good 2 months.

Anytime a player exits the season having major shoulder surgery, you know it's serious. And the fact that he played through the pain really gives him extra brownie points for his toughness and his heart!

I hope him and Kes heal up and stop worry about working so hard for a division title...just get into the playoffs and then work your donkey off for the cup.

I would say work as hard as possible to clinch a playoff spot then just heal up if your injured.

One word for you mate.

NUTS!!

EDIT: I didnt realized that this Thread was from more then year ago. otherwise i woldnt even bother to post here.

Sorry.

S'okay. people are still poking at it because it is one of the WORST CDC THREADS IN HISTORY.