The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

You know, this thread reminds me of the time my wife saw this clutch that she really wanted. I clutched my wallet and headed down to the department store. Unfortunately the clutch in my car gave out halfway there. So, I phoned my wife and told her that I couldn't get the clutch for her.

She replied that if I wanted her to clutch me ever again, that I would get her that clutch.

So, in the clutches of a dilemma, I decided to walk to the store to buy the clutch. A few miles (and a few hours) later, I emerged from the store triumphantly clutching the clutch.

It just goes to show that with Alex Burrows type determination, anyone can come through in the clutch.

• Like 1

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

LOL, are you actually serious? He's the most consistent player we've had all season.

just read that this was from the start of the year lol, but now ur the embarrassment of CDC, instead of Burrows being embarrassing to the team :)

Edited by canucks1096

Guest AriGold

This could be the best thread ever !! Wheres Clutch now ?? did we actually scare him off the board ?

Edited by AriGold

Character

Heart

Funny

All the things that entertain me in the winter when I watch a Canucks game.

Of course the Cup would be more entertaining but since we have not grabbed that yet in our 39th season ( This year though ) then he is a player that you can notice on the ice and for all the right reasons.

Kind of like Linden in his prime you could notice the guy every shift for all the right reasons. Burrows lacks the skill that Linden had but in the other area's he is very good. He is involved with the flow of the game and knows how to throw other real good players off their game.

He is not worth throwing the farm at as far as contract but clearly he has earned a pay raise and one that keeps him hungry not makes him over fed and lazy. It is a fine line and a lot of good 2 million a year players around.

Perhaps 1.75 for 2-3 years would be a good start.

Guest AriGold

Profile Views: 169*

Local Time: Feb 20 2009, 09:32 AM

77 posts (0.09 per day)

he appears every once in a while.

lol I don't blame OP for not responding in his own thread... Burrows (along with Kes and johnson) are the only forwards on this team that have brought it every time they step on the ice

Johnson is by far the most underrated Canuck.

I love seeing him on the ice......a really good player.

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

First off, he is great at what he does, and he had 3 points last night with the Sedins and is playing great with them, 2nd off, I would like to see you try to work your way up from a ball hockey team, to an NHL team, you couldnt do it, you would probably get cut from a mini hockey team. He deserves to be where he is, and you are just a wanna be know it all, when really, you could not be more wrong

You know, this thread reminds me of the time my wife saw this clutch that she really wanted. I clutched my wallet and headed down to the department store. Unfortunately the clutch in my car gave out halfway there. So, I phoned my wife and told her that I couldn't get the clutch for her.

She replied that if I wanted her to clutch me ever again, that I would get her that clutch.

So, in the clutches of a dilemma, I decided to walk to the store to buy the clutch. A few miles (and a few hours) later, I emerged from the store triumphantly clutching the clutch.

It just goes to show that with Alex Burrows type determination, anyone can come through in the clutch.

This is the best post on the entire forum

LMFAO i love it!

i love how people keep bumping this thread everytime Burr has a good game just to rub it in to the OP

Well he is has 15 goals, just tied the game with a bueaty of a tip. Also is the most improved player in the NHL, Playing on our 1st line. Top 3 in PK, Hardest worker

I'm sure teams would offer him 3 Mill, but would sign for 2 mill with us.. do we need him?

nah