The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Exit Through the Gift Shop - B+

A bunch of talented people with artistic powers making a documentary about a documentary.

The Avengers - D

A bunch of dumb people with magical powers throwing tantrums, yawn!

The Big Lebowski - A+

A bunch of dumb people in way over their heads messing things up way more than is necessary. A classic that still abides.

Exit Through the Gift Shop - B+

A bunch of talented people with artistic powers making a documentary about a documentary.

The Avengers - D

A bunch of dumb people with magical powers throwing tantrums, yawn!

The Big Lebowski - A+

A bunch of dumb people in way over their heads messing things up way more than is necessary. A classic that still abides.

Looper 8/10

Was great, but Joseph Gordon Levitt's face looked weird the entire movie and it was pissing me off until I came home and read that he was wearing prosthetics to look more like Bruce Willis.

Looper - 9/10

Very well done. Only a handful of sci-fi films can get a perfect 10 score, as they usually leave plot holes that don't make much sense for the world they have created them in. That said, Looper is as close as it can get. We'll see how I feel about it in 5 years; but as it is right now, terrific film.

Looper - 7/10

The first half is really fun and well done, but then it completely changes course halfway through.

MAJOR SPOILER

How was I supposed to care about Emily Blunt and the kid when they weren't even introduce until halfway through the movie and the kid grows up to be the bad guy? I cared far more about Joe's story and that seemed to fall by the wayside when the film became about The Rainmaker. Plus the use of voice-over was excessive and lazy.

Looper - 7/10

The first half is really fun and well done, but then it completely changes course halfway through.

MAJOR SPOILER

How was I supposed to care about Emily Blunt and the kid when they weren't even introduce until halfway through the movie and the kid grows up to be the bad guy? I cared far more about Joe's story and that seemed to fall by the wayside when the film became about The Rainmaker. Plus the use of voice-over was excessive and lazy.

The kid grows up to be a bad guy because of Joseph Gordon-Levitt/Bruce Willis' character killing his mom. You do get that everything that happened in the movie probably happened several times over; thus, the title "looper". It wasn't until the last iteration of the loop that Joseph Gordon-Levitt realized that the boy goes bad due to the murder of his mom by Bruce Willis. In order to stop this from happening, Joseph Gordon-Levitt kills himself which in turn kills Bruce Willis. So the mom is never murdered; thus, the boy does not become a telekinetic madman in the future.

Barricade - 2.7/10

What a piece of crap "scary" movie. It tried to be scary, failed miserably. It was more of a comedy really. The movie was one big cluster frack.

Chernobyl Diaries - 6.1/10

It was like they took the entire collective inbred cast from the hills have eyes and stuck them in Chernobyl.

Archived