The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

The Master - 7/10

Very well-made, but lack of substance. Great performances from Joaquin Phoenix, Amy Adams and Philip Seymour Hoffman, and it looks very pretty, but the story was lacking. It could have easily been 45 minutes shorter and it would have been a better movie for it.

Sound Of My Voice - 8/10

A better movie about a cult.

Saw Here Comes the Boom tonight. Was alright, nice and light. 6/10

Had some nice moments and I was surprised Kevin James was built as well as he was, but the kind of movie you'll forget in a few weeks

Moonrise Kingdom - 6/10

I am a big Wes Anderson fan, and I really wanted to like this movie. I appreciated the stylistic touches (loved the treehouse, and the dance scene), and the acting was top-notch all around. But overall it just didn't click for me.

Being Elmo - 9/10

Outstanding documentary about the puppeteer behind Elmo. I found his whole story fascinating, especially how he worked with and was inspired by Jim Henson.

Saw the new Resident Evil tonight, was alright. 6/10.

Went by myself and I was literally alone in the theatre, thought about pulling it out and going for it with as much screen time Mila Jovovich was getting. But every time I was about to start, there was a really bright scene or one of the theatre employees came in to sign whatever that sheet is.

Social Network - 9/10

Haven't seen it in about 2 years, thought I'd give it another shot and see if it still held up. I no longer have a Facebook account and mostly think the whole phenomenon is a huge waste of time (unlike CDC). However, I was still fascinated by the story. Don't know why I was surprised, it is Fincher after all.

Meet Joe Black: 9.5/10

I must say, this is one of the most unique romantic movie with a twist i've ever seen. The acting and chemistry between Claire Forlani and Brad Pitt was amazing, you could really tell they fell inlove with each other making that movie.

A great movie with a good moral.

Joan of Arc: 8/10

I first saw this when i was 11, still a great movie.

Amazing Spider Man: 4/10

I was told it's bad by pretty much everyone I know, but man, it was even more disappointing than I expected, and I wanted to enjoy it because I loved the comics as a kid.

No character development, no emotion beyond the usual bag of cliche, uninteresting CGI, questionable music, pretty much the text book definition of a corporate movie made just to pull in a lot of money and create a platform for a sequel.

Argo - was good, but since you already know the ending, there's not much to be had from the story. I'd probably give it like 7.7 out of 10 because of the acting and the script, but definitely not the 8.4 it's getting on IMDB. End of Watch was a way better movie.

Looper - Not bad - good action and an interesting thought, but ultimately it doesn't make sense where they were getting at with the movie right at the end. 8/10

Archived