The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Anybody get to watch the game?

Pumped that Jordan got 2 goal in his opener!...but wanted to see how he looked on the ice otherwise.

You can see the highlights HERE.

Other than scoring two goals, he did not look out of place at all. He led the rush a few times and almost got out on a stretch pass that I saw, but the pass did not reach him. He was playing wing, so it was also good to see that he does not look out of place when he is not playing center. He definitely added a lot to the 2nd tier of the power play setting up on the left side of the opposition's zone. Once he gets more used to the pace I think he will be able to utilize his speed more than what we saw today. This game was also very scrambly which might of effected his style of play.

That is what I got out his first game. An awesome start to his pro career to say the least!

Pumped that Jordan got 2 goal in his opener!...but wanted to see how he looked on the ice otherwise.

I watched a little bit of it, but one thing I noticed was that he wasn't afraid to get hit. He went against Kindl on the boards a few times.

He looked good. The Moose eased him into the game as he only had 2 shifts in the first 10-15 minutes. But it was much like COHO's first game, and it won't be a while till he plays top 6 minutes. He wasn't afraid to hit, but sometimes went against guys twice his size (and shrugged him off). His second goal was a good one. Pushed himself off the defender to give himself room to shoot. The defender was also twice his size. Sometimes he looked a little lost but that will change with exposure. He looks good, and speed doesn't seem to be a factor.

I can't wait to see him in a Canucks uni :frantic:

Man would i pay money to watch that game!!! A small fight after every stoppage in play it seemed like! I can't believe Schroeder didn't the assist on Nicholat's goal though :( . I'm sure his confident has been restored now!

Man would i pay money to watch that game!!! A small fight after every stoppage in play it seemed like! I can't believe Schroeder didn't the assist on Nicholat's goal though :( . I'm sure his confident has been restored now!

you COULD have payed to watch the game... or you could have watched it online via other manners as well.

you COULD have payed to watch the game... or you could have watched it online via other manners as well.

laugh.gif Seems like you've been distributing quite a bit of mail lately.

Anyway, good on Schroeder to score 2 in his pro debut! Hope he keeps this up - the Moose certainly could use his skill up front.

Archived