The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

And what did Bieksa do ,specifically?

If you note the video offered up with Bieksa beating up on Stalberg one will note that Stalberg is a passive player that really does not deserve to be sucker punched by Bieksa.

In hockey circles ,mostly outside of Vancouver,Bieksa is said to be a player that will pick fights with those that can not really defend themselves in a fight.Rarely,if ever, does he engage a valid contender.

Stalberg was running around all game hitting people, did something to lapierre and Bieksa finally snapped. did any of the hawks pull questionable stuff after that game? no and stalberg was quiet after that fight.

Mayers, Barnaby, Dubinsky, Voros, Richards, Eager, tootoo, ference, Penner but I guess none of those guys can defend themselves...

like I said. do you watch the canucks even play?

Actually,I played his position at an elite level,MayRay so I know exactly what he is doing and what his strengths and shortcomings are.

Bieksa is an above average d man that can take care of himself.He is good but his game is made a lot better being paired with Dan.

One weakness is his skating and the fact he is prone to make consistent offensive decisions that he can not recover from defensively.That is why he and the Canucks are so well protected with Hamhuis.

His pugilistic side is often criticised outside of Canucks nation as he picks on lightweights.

When hockey fans all over the nation point it out year after year it is worth at least considering as a point of contention.

Actually,I played his position at an elite level,MayRay so I know exactly what he is doing and what his strengths and shortcomings are.

Bieksa is an above average d man that can take care of himself.He is good but his game is made a lot better being paired with Dan.

One weakness is his skating and the fact he is prone to make consistent offensive decisions that he can not recover from defensively.That is why he and the Canucks are so well protected with Hamhuis.

His pugilistic side is often criticised outside of Canucks nation as he picks on lightweights.

When hockey fans all over the nation point it out year after year it is worth at least considering as a point of contention.

Mayers, Barnaby, Dubinsky, Voros, Richards, Eager, tootoo, ference, Penner. you ignored that list and still say he fights lightweights, stalberg is actually bigger than Bieksa.

Bieksa had great seasons before Hamhuis came here like 3 years ago. But you may still think they played together back then

Playing in a house league when you were 12 doesn't mean you know what it takes to play in the NHL.

Go do your homework or something.

guess we'll just ignore "Mayers, Barnaby, Dubinsky, Voros, Richards, Eager, tootoo, ference, Penner. you ignored that list and still say he fights lightweights, stalberg is actually bigger than Bieksa." like the countless things you ignore like +/-

did Hamhuis have a great season this year because I think alot of Canuck fans were booing his turnover to Stoll to end the series against LA

Last I checked, hockey fans aren't the analysts. They're not the people whose opinions you, I, or anyone should be worried about. If AV or MG start pointing out his "pugilistic side", then come and complain. Until then, look at the stats. Whether he's as good as he is because he plays with Hamhuis or not, they're still his stats.

What, should every average defenseman have an asterisk beside his name because they played with a partner who may have been better?

Your basically saying:

Brad Park was a crappy defenseman. He was only good because he played with Bobby Orr.

Brain Rafalski was a crappy defenseman. He was only good because he played with Nick Lidstrom.

Willie Mitchell was a crappy defenseman. He was only good because he played with Scott Niedermayer.

Get the picture here?

Great seasons.Like when Canucks fans were booing his play?

Hamhuis could make Gino Odjick look like a great d man.

You're making a fool of yourself. Bieksa is arguably the Canucks' toughest/meanest defenseman and can stand up for teammates. Juice had solid seasons long before Hamhuis arrived.

So are you saying you played at the NHL level?

He's also been given the green light from the coaching staff to pinch and join the rush. It's Hammer's job actually to play back when KB does so, in case he gets caught, or there's a quick turn over. It's an expected possibility and an acceptable one that's built into the pairing by the coaching staff. You'd think as an elite player you'd know this.

His skating is a weakness?? The evidence suggests the opposite:

Seems to me his skating is just fine. Plenty of straight line speed and plenty of control with the puck as well.

I'll give you that he's not an 'elite' dman in any sense. That doesn't mean he isn't better than average. He's most certainly a better than average top 4 dman on pretty much any team in the league, imo.

It is his backwards skating abilities that are in question.He also does not retain elite level speed as in a Niedermayer or an Orr/Coffey/Lidstrom,etc.- any great d man.

They could take an offensive chance and cover their own mistakes.

Hamhuis does that for Bieksa.

You guys are homer idiots.

Bieksa was going to be shipped out before Hammer arrived.

He was consistently boo'd at GM place and his game was +/- negative every year but one.

Whoa now the +/- come into play when it helps your argument. who would of thought that would happen

You guys are homer idiots.

Bieksa was going to be shipped out before Hammer arrived.

He was consistently boo'd at GM place and his game was +/- negative every year but one.

I've been in this argument before that the +/- stat is basically being either in the right place at the right time or the wrong place at the wrong time. Bieksa is now a fan favourtie so your argument is invalid.

Archived