The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

it's actually going pretty good. i have adept robes and hood and or the first while for some reason i was able to chain cast pretty much any spell i have, lightning bolt didn't even put a dent in my magika. but now my magika is regenerating at a slower, more normal speed. i don't know what was going on before but i liked it...

the only thing i really worry about is 2 handed weapons and bows, bows rock me.

As you move up in the level of the spells you cast the magika cost goes up a lot. From Apprentice to Adept especially there is a very big jump in magika costs for all spells. They about triple in cost and if you arent ready for it you can have problems for a while, I sure did. Having the biggest pool of magika wont really help at all either. You have to have spell cost reduction enchants to keep pace. At Master level you cant even cast most of those spells even once without 50% or more cost reduction they are so crazy expensive. Example Master level Fire storm costs 846 base magika.

Guest gumballthechewy

I have an xbox but I got it for ps3 because I don't want to pay for online just to download it. And yes I know about a month of free Gold membership. Had to do that for some of the Oblivion add-ons.

The only thing you need Xbox Live Gold for is to play online, I have downloaded a TON of DLC for various games and all I did was plug the internet into my Xbox. You have to sign up for what they call Live Silver but it's completely free.

The only thing you need Xbox Live Gold for is to play online, I have downloaded a TON of DLC for various games and all I did was plug the internet into my Xbox. You have to sign up for what they call Live Silver but it's completely free.

Not to mention when you do sign up you get a month free, so it is a win-win.

Guest gumballthechewy

I didn't, I live up the side of a mountain and my Internet isn't fast enough for Live so I have to take my Xbox to my buddy's whenever I need to download stuff so I didn't see much point.

One thing I found about this game is that even though I normally like to play games on the highest difficulty (even from the same developer- Fallout 3/New Vegas) I prefer to play expert on my assassin and adept on warrior.

Not that Master is overly hard, just does two things I will not abide:

A- makes fights tedious

B- nerf player

In mass effect 2, for example, insanity punished you for making stupid mistakes, but your guns and powers still hit like a ton if you develop them. In Skyrim, master does the unthinkable and halves your personal damage. No way, Jose, I worked hard on that bow.

One thing I found about this game is that even though I normally like to play games on the highest difficulty (even from the same developer- Fallout 3/New Vegas) I prefer to play expert on my assassin and adept on warrior.

Not that Master is overly hard, just does two things I will not abide:

A- makes fights tedious

B- nerf player

In mass effect 2, for example, insanity punished you for making stupid mistakes, but your guns and powers still hit like a ton if you develop them. In Skyrim, master does the unthinkable and halves your personal damage. No way, Jose, I worked hard on that bow.

It gets pretty tedious in the later levels when your facing like 20+ draugr deathlords throughout a ruin.

In Dawnguard with the quest for Sorine to improve the Crossbow (Ancient Technology) there's a minor Glitch where the arrow on the map tells you to go to the wrong place.

You need to go to Kagranzel (Which is literally just above the place it tells you to go) once you're inside the glitch is fixed. I was just confused cause I kept going in the cave and there was no way to climb up at the end but that's where you come out of.

Also like to add how AMAZING Dawnguard is, I'm not far in yet but the additions (New enemies, weapons) are amazing and the storyline is great already. I chose to go with the Dawnguard not Vampires.

It gets pretty tedious in the later levels when your facing like 20+ draugr deathlords throughout a ruin.

Taking 10 incinerates to take out one deathlord while there are 3 others and a named guy wailing on you.is fun times but yeah, it takes forever to get anything done and with my stealth bow guy its even slower. I rely on those 1 shot crit kills to even the odds before Im spotted and on master it just doesnt happen often enough so you spend forever wating for them to stop looking for you over and over and it takes even longer. Im playing expert on my stealth guy and am ashamed, So lame.

Taking 10 incinerates to take out one deathlord while there are 3 others and a named guy wailing on you.is fun times but yeah, it takes forever to get anything done and with my stealth bow guy its even slower. I rely on those 1 shot crit kills to even the odds before Im spotted and on master it just doesnt happen often enough so you spend forever wating for them to stop looking for you over and over and it takes even longer. Im playing expert on my stealth guy and am ashamed, So lame.

Yeah and I was trying to level my guy to 50 so I stopped using heavy armor and using one handed so I was really struggling through that Seige on the Dragon cult mission. Now that I am level 50 I'm going to wear some of my heavy armor again and use my stockpile of epic weapons to finish the companions quest line, should be much easier.

I think I may go back and play Oblivion before I get the Dawngaurd dlc. I have just been having a craving to go back and do a hand to hand character. :lol:

Archived