The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Some funny glitches I came across in my latest travels (watch in HD):

This guard was probably supposed to be eating in the guardhouse at the jail, but she popped in the middle of the street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEFHMKYerOo&feature=relmfu

This one, I abused Farkas' immortality to go giant hunting, He got flattened and wouldn't get up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cFJSW2gTNU&feature=relmfu

Last, that random bully Nord attacked my wood elf in the Bee and Barb inn, I didn't want the bar patrons to get killed, so I tried to get the Nord to follow me out. Instead she backstabbed me but didn't follow me outside. when I went back into the bar, she was gone and my gushing blood was all that remained:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B1FISqIOIU

Been trying to get my smithing to level 60, but I don't want to spend hours making daggers and enchanting them.

What I do is spread it out. I do a quest, sell junk, buy out iron ingots and leather straps. make daggers, and then back questing I go, repeat when I get back into a town. It's not perfect, but it flows better then grinding it out, especially if you are doing alchemy and enchanting on top of it.

Doing it this way, I had enchanting 80 at about level 22, alchemy was 70 and smithing 60 and didn't cut into my kill things alot time.

Specifically, quest done, so if I am headed back to whiterun for the turn ins, then I first go to the inn (or my house) sleep till morning or at least get rested bonus. Then I zip over to dragonreach. Enchant all the gear I picked up as much as possible. Buy new empty soul gems from court wizard. Run down to Apothecary and buy her ingredients out, make potions and sell them back to her and that goods store next door if she runs out of coin. Sell enchanted goods with him after, or drunken huntsman and the blacksmith. Buy out iron ingots, smith, sell daggers and back out I go. (I could buy more ingots from the skyforge area, but I consider it too far out of the way. I only go there if I am trying to find a specific ingot the blacksmith is not carrying that day)

Sounds like a pain, but it takes 10 to 15 minutes at a time and feels a lot less grindy. Just more a post adventure routine.

anybody else had random people die?

a courier ran up to me yesterday as i came out of warmaiden's(blacksmith shop by the gate in whiterun.) and gave me an inheritance letter and 100 gold. so i read the letter and it turns out adrianne avenicci(the blacksmith) died! i went back inside to talk to the dude and he said since she died he had to buy his stuff from the kahjit.

i was not to happy about this cause that leaves one less person to sell stuff to.

What I do is spread it out. I do a quest, sell junk, buy out iron ingots and leather straps. make daggers, and then back questing I go, repeat when I get back into a town. It's not perfect, but it flows better then grinding it out, especially if you are doing alchemy and enchanting on top of it.

Doing it this way, I had enchanting 80 at about level 22, alchemy was 70 and smithing 60 and didn't cut into my kill things alot time.

Specifically, quest done, so if I am headed back to whiterun for the turn ins, then I first go to the inn (or my house) sleep till morning or at least get rested bonus.

I'm afraid Werewolves never sleep.

Yeah and I was trying to level my guy to 50 so I stopped using heavy armor and using one handed so I was really struggling through that Seige on the Dragon cult mission. Now that I am level 50 I'm going to wear some of my heavy armor again and use my stockpile of epic weapons to finish the companions quest line, should be much easier.

I think I may go back and play Oblivion before I get the Dawngaurd dlc. I have just been having a craving to go back and do a hand to hand character. :lol:

I made a character and based it on light armor and one handed weapons at first. Much harder; you're so much weaker. On hardcore? mode. The highest difficulty. My original character 'Maximus', an Imperial, based on the Russel Crowe's character in Gladiator used heavy armor and a two handed sword, contradictory to his character in the movie. But you're a much more effective killing machine early on in the game using heavy armor and a massive sword.

I remember how I thought the vanilla version graphics were amazing when this game came out. Now I've got about 14 different mods changing the scenery, sky, water, etc. Vanilla doesn't quite cut it after a while. :lol:

Have you guys tried the Werewolves in Skyrim mod from the Workshop? It's so bad ass. I ran into one way out in the wilderness. It was massive. I was a low level character at the time too. I ran like hell and jumped into the nearest lake before it could catch me LOL

I would also recommend the camping mod from the Workshop too. It's amazing. You don't need to buy a house or sleep at an inn. You can camp out in the wilderness 24/7 with your horse. You can be a nomad like the Mongols or the Huns, or whatever. It's sweet.

Question for those with Dawnguard. Can I play my old saves pre-Dawnguard and play them when I downloaded it? Or do I have to create a whole new game.

I don't have Dawngaurd, but I can tell you that you can continue your old saves as you wish.

When you do the Companions quests, do you HAVE to become a werewolf? Not sure I *Want* to smell of wet dog.

Ugh, don't want to spoil, save your game, go ahead with it and see you will have options later.

Hint: The old Companion that wants to go to Soverngarde when he dies, not beastlands or whatever.

*Oh, and you may want to edit out that typo before the kiddies see it*

When you do the Companions quests, do you HAVE to become a werewolf? Not sure I want to smell of wet dog.

The only one that has no downside is becoming a cannibal. Its a sweet deal.

I still went with Werewolf anyways. no rested bonus boo hoo. The option to get rid of the werewolf curse/gift is given to you further on in but tis too much fun to give up IMO.

The only one that has no downside is becoming a cannibal. Its a sweet deal.

I still went with Werewolf anyways. no rested bonus boo hoo. The option to get rid of the werewolf curse/gift is given to you further on in but tis too much fun to give up IMO.

I didn't really find losing rested all that much a problem, though I usually run with the lord stone on, so slow leveling is nothing new for me. Vampire is a bigger pain with the constant need to check what stage you are in

Archived